|Introduced||September 23, 1987|
|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Sponsor||Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Worship|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Argentina|
|Actual use||Very popular in Argentina|
|Registered domains||513,747 (June 2017).ar registry domain count|
|Registration restrictions||Must have contact with address in Argentina, but registrant may be foreign; some subdomains have particular restrictions|
|Structure||Registrations are at third level beneath second level labels|
|Documents||Government resolution on domain registration|
|Registry website||NIC Argentina|
.ar is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Argentina. It is administered by NIC Argentina. Registering an .ar domain (like website.ar) directly is now allowed. Previously, only the 9 second-level domains listed below were open for registration, and a local presence in Argentina was required.
- com.ar - Companies and individuals resident in Argentina
- edu.ar - Educational institutions. Currently, this second-level domain is handled by ARIU (Asociación de Redes de Interconexión Universitaria).
- gob.ar, gov.ar - Local and national government
- int.ar - International entities and representatives of foreign international organisations in Argentina
- mil.ar - Military use
- net.ar - Providers of internet services licensed by the Comisión Nacional de Comunicaciones
- org.ar - Non-profit organizations, which must present a valid proof
- tur.ar - Tourism and travel companies licensed by the Ministerio de Turismo de la Nación. Provincial or municipal government agencies promoting their respective provinces or municipalities can also use this second-level domain.
- musica.ar - Any member of listed in the National Registry of Musicians and National Musical Groups
In November 2008, a resolution approved the use of special characters in domain names, including ñ, ç, á, é, í ó, ú, ä, ë, ï, ö, and ü. The .gob.ar domain was also approved for government entities (.gob stands for "gobierno", government in Spanish).
- "Comenzó el Registro de Interés de dominios '.ar'". NIC Argentina (in Spanish). Retrieved 12 February 2020.
- ".ar Domain Names". Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Dominios y Aranceles" (in Spanish). Retrieved 26 July 2018.
- "Aprueban la incorporación de la letra Ñ a los dominios argentinos en Internet". infobaeprofesional.com. Archived from the original on 6 February 2009. Retrieved 15 December 2008.
|This Internet domain name article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Argentina-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|