|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Registry||PW Registry Corporation|
|Sponsor||Micronesia Investment and Development Corporation|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Palau|
|Actual use||Commercial web services|
|Structure||Registrations are for 2nd-level and 3rd-level names|
.pw is the country code top-level domain for Palau. It was originally delegated to the Pacific island nation of Palau in 1997. It has since been redelegated a number of times, most recently[when?] by Directi, a group of businesses operating registrars among other Internet-related services, who rebranded it as the Professional Web. From March 25, 2013, domains under the .pw TLD are available to the general public.
Symantec released two reports in April and May 2013 claiming that domains under .pw TLD were a significant source of spam e-mail. In July 2013 the registry announced that they had passed the 250,000 registration milestone within the first three months, after having 50,000 registered domains in the first three weeks.
A list of accredited registrars is available on registry.pw.
- "IANA | IANA Report on Redelegation of the .pw Top-Level Domain". IANA. 30 June 2003. Retrieved 2 April 2017.
- "Rise of .pw URLs in Spam Messages". Symantec Security Response. Retrieved 2 April 2017.
- ".pw URLs in Spam Keep Showing Up". Symantec Security Response. Retrieved 2 April 2017.
- ".pw Announces Single Character Domain Names Auction | .PW - the Professional Web". registry.pw. Retrieved 2 April 2017.
- ".PW Crosses 50,000 Domain Registrations In 3 Weeks | .PW - the Professional Web". registry.pw. Retrieved 2 April 2017.