|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Registry||Communications and Information Technology Commission (SaudiNIC Unit)|
|Sponsor||Communications and Information Technology Commission|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Saudi Arabia|
|Actual use||Some use in Saudi Arabia|
|Registered domains||63,101 (November 2019)|
|Registration restrictions||Must have Saudi presence, a local representative, or trademark registered in Saudi Arabia; must show legal papers verifying identity|
|Structure||Second level domains registration is available under (.sa) and (.السعودية), the third level domains registration is available beneath various second-level labels|
.sa is the Latin alphabet Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) of Saudi Arabia. Domains of this type can be registered through SaudiNIC, a department of the Communications and Information Technology Commission. The Arabic alphabet ccTLD of Saudi Arabia is السعودية.
In December 2013, 31,604 .sa domain names were registered.
The second-level domains that are officially open to third-level registrations are:
- com.sa: Commercial entities and registered trademarks
- edu.sa: Educational institutions
- sch.sa: Elementary and secondary schools
- med.sa: Health services (hospitals, clinics, etc.)
- gov.sa: Governmental entities
- net.sa: Internet-related services (ISPs, web hosting, portal sites, etc.)
- org.sa: Non-profit organizations
- pub.sa: Entities or individuals that do not fit in other categories, including personal names.
Internationalized country code TLD
Saudi Arabia was one of the first countries to apply for the new internationalized domain name (IDN) country code top-level domains authorized by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) in 2009. In January 2010, ICANN announced that the Saudi IDN ccTLD (xn--mgberp4a5d4ar, السعودية) one of the first four new IDN ccTLDs to have passed the Fast Track String Evaluation within the domain application process.
- "Statistics". www.nic.sa. Retrieved 2019-11-10.
- "World report on Internationalised Domain Names" (PDF). Intgovforum.org. 2014. Retrieved 23 December 2019.
- "First IDN ccTLDs Requests Successfully Pass String Evaluation". ICANN. 2010-01-21. Archived from the original on 24 January 2010. Retrieved 25 January 2010.
- IANA .sa whois information
- Internet Services Unit of - King Abdulaziz City for Science & Technology
- .sa domain registration website
|This Internet domain name article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Saudi Arabia related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|