|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Sponsor||Republic of Slovenia|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Slovenia|
|Actual use||Very popular in Slovenia|
|Registered domains||119,774 (July 2016)|
|Structure||Registrations are taken directly at second level.|
|Documents||SI TLD regulations|
.si is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Slovenia. It is administered by the ARNES, the Academic and Research Network of Slovenia. In 2010, the registry has hosted 80,000 domain names. In 2012, that number increased to 100,000 .si domain names when the domain zj.si was registered by Jasico d.o.o.
Domain hacks for the .si TLD are quite popular, since si is second person singular of the to be verb in the Slovene language. As such, many domains have been created that are using such domain hacks, one of the most popular being zadovoljna.si ("You are pleased", female form).
Sí also translates from Spanish as yes, so the TLD has been used by some Spanish-language websites. A notable example of this is the Mexican political party MORENA, whose website is found at morena.si.
Pepsi also has a pep.si TLD to shorten links.
- "Registrirana 100 000-a domena pod .si (100 000th domain registered under .si)" (in Slovenian). Arnes. 27 January 2012. Archived from the original on 9 March 2013. Retrieved 9 February 2012.
- "Who is entitled to register .si domain name?". Arnes. Retrieved 28 March 2012.
- "80,000 .si domen" (in Slovenian). Arnes. 19 May 2010. Archived from the original on 9 March 2013. Retrieved 6 July 2010.
- "Mapping the Mal Web: The world's riskiest domains" (PDF). McAfee. Retrieved 28 March 2012.
- IANA .si whois information
- Official .si registry website (English)
- Official .si registry website (Slovene)
- Unofficial directory of .si domains
- Unofficial .si registry website (Slovene) - statistical data and expired .si domains
|This Slovenia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Internet domain name article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|