1509 in India
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|See also:||List of years in India|
Timeline of Indian history
Events from the year 1509 in India.
- 3 February – Battle of Diu is fought.
- 26 July – Krishnadevaraya starts his reign as Emperor of the Vijayanagara Empire
- Francisco de Almeida ceases his governorship of Portuguese India (commenced 1505)
- Afonso de Albuquerque becomes governor of Portuguese India (and continues until 1515)
- The Portuguese acquire Bombay.
- Frederick Charles Danvers (1988). The Portuguese in India: Being a History of the Rise and Decline of Their Eastern Empire. Asian Educational Services. p. 487. ISBN 978-81-206-0391-2.
- Everyman's Dictionary of Dates; 6th ed. J. M. Dent, 1971; p. 80
|This year in India article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|