1806 in South Africa
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 4 January – The British expeditionary force arrives at the Cape
- 8 January – British troops land at Losperds Bay, between Bloubergstrand and Melkbosstrand in the Cape Colony.
- The Battle of Blaauwberg takes place between the British and the Dutch colonists.
- 10 January – Governor Jan Willem Janssens capitulates and Sir David Baird is appointed Governor of the Cape
- The first regular inland postal service is started.
- See Years in South Africa for list of references
|This South African history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This year in Africa article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|