1886 Wimbledon Championships
|1886 Wimbledon Championships|
|Date||3 – 17 July|
London, United Kingdom
|Venue||All England Lawn Tennis Club|
|Ernest Renshaw / William Renshaw|
The 1886 Wimbledon Championships took place on the outdoor grass courts at the All England Lawn Tennis Club in Wimbledon, London, United Kingdom. The tournament ran from 3 July until 17 July. It was the 10th staging of the Wimbledon Championships, and the first Grand Slam tennis event of 1886. Henry Jones retired as referee after nine years, and was replaced by Julian Marshall.
- 2010 Wimbledon Compendium, by Alan Little (The All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, Wimbledon, London)
- 100 Years of Wimbledon, by Lance Tingay (Guinness Superlatives Ltd. 1977)
- "Gentlemen's Singles Finals 1877-2016". wimbledon.com. Wimbledon Championships. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "Ladies' Singles Finals 1884-2016". wimbledon.com. Wimbledon Championships. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "Gentlemen's Doubles Finals 1884-2016". wimbledon.com. Wimbledon Championships. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
1885 U.S. National Championships
|Grand Slams||Succeeded by|
1886 U.S. National Championships