1967 ECAC Hockey Men's Ice Hockey Tournament
|1967 ECAC Men's Ice Hockey Tournament|
|Dates||March 7–11, 1967|
|Finals site||Boston Garden|
|Champions||Cornell (1st title)|
|Winning coach||Ned Harkness (1st title)|
|MVP||Doug Ferguson (Cornell)|
ECAC Men's Ice Hockey Tournaments
The 1967 ECAC Hockey Men's Ice Hockey Tournament was the 6th tournament in league history. It was played between March 7 and March 11, 1967. Quarterfinal games were played at home team campus sites, while the 'final four' games were played at the Boston Garden in Boston, Massachusetts. By reaching the championship game both, Cornell and Boston University received invitations to participate in the 1967 NCAA University Division Men's Ice Hockey Tournament.
The tournament featured three rounds of play, all of which were single-elimination. The top eight teams, based on conference rankings, qualified to participate in the tournament. In the quarterfinals the first seed and eighth seed, the second seed and seventh seed, the third seed and sixth seed and the fourth seed and fifth seed played against one another. In the semifinals, the winner of the first and eighth matchup played the winner of the fourth and fifth matchup while the other two remaining teams played with the winners advancing to the championship game and the losers advancing to the third place game.
Note: GP = Games Played; W = Wins; L = Losses; T = Ties; Pct. = Winning Percentage; GF = Goals For; GA = Goals Against
† indicates conference regular season champion
* indicates conference tournament champion
^ New Hampshire had been readmitted to the ECAC but played only a partial schedule and still qualified for the ECAC II playoffs
|3||Boston College||9||3||Boston College||6|
Note: * denotes overtime period(s)
(1) Boston University vs. (8) Harvard
|March 7||Boston University||6 – 2||Harvard||Boston Arena|
(2) Cornell vs. (7) Brown
|March 7||Cornell||11 – 2||Brown||Lynah Rink|
(3) Boston College vs. (6) Clarkson
|March 7||Boston College||9 – 2||Clarkson||McHugh Forum|
(4) St. Lawrence vs. (5) Yale
|March 7||St. Lawrence||4 – 2||Yale||Appleton Arena|
(1) Boston University vs. (4) St. Lawrence
|March 10||Boston University||6 – 2||St. Lawrence||Boston Garden|
(2) Cornell vs. (3) Boston College
|March 10||Cornell||12 – 2||Boston College||Boston Garden|
(3) Boston College vs. (4) St. Lawrence
|March 11||Boston College||6 – 4||St. Lawrence||Boston Garden|
(1) Boston University vs. (6) Cornell
|March 11||Boston University||3 – 4||Cornell||Boston Garden|
- "Cornell Men's Team History". USCHO.com. Retrieved 2014-04-23.
- "Ned Harkness Year-by-Year Coaching Record". USCHO.com. Retrieved 2013-05-22.
- "ECAC Awards". College Hockey Historical Archive. Retrieved 2014-04-23.
- "ECAC Tournament". College Hockey Historical Archives. Retrieved 2014-04-23.
- "2008-09 ECAC Hockey Media Guides". ECAC Hockey. Retrieved 2014-04-23.
- "Men's All-Tournament Teams" (PDF). ECAC Hockey. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2013-07-02. Retrieved 2014-04-26.