1978 United States Senate election in Kentucky
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Huddleston: 40–50% 50–60% 60–70% 70–80% 80–90%
Guenthner: 40-50% 50-60% 60-70%
|Elections in Kentucky|
The 1978 United States Senate election in Kentucky took place on November 7, 1978. Incumbent U.S. Senator Walter Huddleston was re-elected to a second term. As of 2021, this is the last time the Democrats won the Class 2 Senate seat in Kentucky.
- Louie Guenthner Jr, Member of the Kentucky House of Representatives
- Oline Carmical
- Thurman Jerome Hamlin
|Republican||Louie Guenthner Jr.||14,218||47.21%|
|Republican||Thurman Jerome Hamlin||6,550||21.75%|
- Walter Huddleston, incumbent U.S. Senator
- Jack Watson
- William Taylor
- George Tolhurst
|Democratic||Walter Huddleston (incumbent)||89,333||75.62%|
|Democratic||Walter Huddleston (incumbent)||290,730||60.98%|
|Republican||Louie Guenthner Jr.||175,766||36.87%|
- "Our Campaigns - KY US Senate - R Primary Race - May 23, 1978". www.ourcampaigns.com.
- "Our Campaigns - KY US Senate - D Primary Race - May 23, 1978". www.ourcampaigns.com.
- Clerk of the United States House of Representatives (1979). "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 7, 1978" (PDF). U.S. Government Printing Office.