1987 Full Members' Cup Final
|Date||29 March 1987|
|Venue||Wembley Stadium, London|
The 1987 Full Members' Cup Final was the final match of the second edition of the Full Members' Cup football tournament and was contested between First Division team Charlton Athletic and Second Division side Blackburn Rovers. The match was won 1–0 by Blackburn with the winning goal scored by Colin Hendry.
Route to the Final
- Blackburn Rovers: Blackburn defeated Huddersfield Town, Sheffield United, Oxford United and Chelsea to reach the semi-finals, where they defeated Ipswich Town 3–0 to reach the final.
- Charlton Athletic: Charlton defeated Birmingham City, Bradford City and Everton to reach the semi-finals, where they defeated Norwich City 2-1 (aet) to reach the final.
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- Dunk, Peter (20 August 1987). Rothmans Football Yearbook 1987–88. Queen Anne Press. p. 460. ISBN 978-0-3561435-4-5. Retrieved 29 April 2020.
- Rob Maul (20 February 2005). "Caught in Time: Blackburn Rovers win Full Members Cup, 1987". Sunday Times. Retrieved 26 November 2010. (subscription required)
- "1986-87 Full Members Cup semi-final results, and links to other rounds - Statto". Archived from the original on 2014-08-19. Retrieved 2010-11-26.
- AFS Report 72, p.25