1997 Fed Cup Americas Zone
The Americas Zone was one of three zones of regional competition in the 1997 Fed Cup.
The nine teams were divided into one pool of five and one pool of four teams. The top two teams from each pool then moved on to the play-off stage of the competition. The four teams that won one match from the play-off stage would advance to Group I for 1998.
|5||Puerto Rico (1–3)||0–3||1–2||0–3||2–1|
- Canada advanced to World Group II Play-offs.
- Mexico and Puerto Rico relegated to Group II in 1998.
The fifteen teams were divided into two pools of seven and eight. The top team from each pool then moved would advance to Group I for 1998.
|2||Dominican Republic (5–1)||1–2||2–1||3–0||3–0||3–0||3–0|
|3||Trinidad and Tobago (4–2)||0–3||1–2||3–0||3–0||3–0||2–1|
|5||Costa Rica (3–4)||0–3||0–3||0–3||1–2||2–1||3–0||3–0|
|6||El Salvador (2–5)||0–3||0–3||1–2||1–2||1–2||3–0||3–0|
|8||Antigua and Barbuda (0–7)||0–3||0–3||0–3||0–3||0–3||0–3||0–3|
- Fed Cup Profile, Canada
- Fed Cup Profile, Brazil
- Fed Cup Profile, Ecuador
- Fed Cup Profile, Colombia
- Fed Cup Profile, Peru
- Fed Cup Profile, Chile
- Fed Cup Profile, Venezuela
- Fed Cup Profile, Paraguay
- Fed Cup Profile, Dominican Republic
- Fed Cup Profile, Trinidad and Tobago
- Fed Cup Profile, Panama
- Fed Cup Profile, Guatemala
- Fed Cup Profile, Bahamas
- Fed Cup Profile, Uruguay
- Fed Cup Profile, Cuba
- Fed Cup Profile, Jamaica
- Fed Cup Profile, Bolivia
- Fed Cup Profile, Costa Rica
- Fed Cup Profile, El Salvador
- Fed Cup Profile, Bermuda