|Headquarters||South Bend, Indiana|
| Christopher J. Murphy III, Chairman & CEO|
James R. Seitz, President
Andrea G. Short, CFO
|Total assets||$5.638 billion (2017)|
|Total equity||$0.702 billion (2017)|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
1st Source Corporation is a financial services company headquartered in South Bend, Indiana. It operates 1st Source Bank, a bank with 81 branches in Indiana and Michigan. The bank's Specialty Finance Group provides financing for aircraft, trucks, and construction equipment. 1st Source Insurance provides insurance products and services.
The company was founded in 1863 as the First National Bank of South Bend.
In the early 1930s, the company merged with First National and Union Trust to form First Bank and Trust Company.
In 1946, the bank opened its second branch.
By the end of the 1950s, it was the seventh largest bank in Indiana.
In 1981, the bank changed its name to 1st Source Bank.
In 2007, the company folded its Trustcorp Mortgage Company subsidiary into its bank subsidiary.
In December 2014, the bank opened 2 branches and remodeled 6 others in Fort Wayne, Indiana at a cost of about $8 million. All 8 locations do not use traditional teller windows in favor of "side-by-side" banking where tellers share their screens and work space with clients.
In December 2015, the bank broke ground on 2 additional branches in Fort Wayne.
- "1st Source Corporation 2017 Form 10-K Annual Report". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- "A Look Back: Roots of South Bend's 1st Source Bank reach back to 1863". South Bend Tribune. November 6, 2017.
- "1st Source Bank Completes Acquisition Of Trustcorp Mortgage Company" (Press release). Business Wire. May 3, 2007.
- "1st Source opens 2 new centers". The Journal Gazette. December 4, 2014.
- Wyche, Paul (December 1, 2015). "1st Source Bank extending reach". The Journal Gazette.
- SLATER, SHERRY (December 31, 2016). "SBA loans their specialty". The Journal Gazette.
- Manning, Margie (October 11, 2016). "Meet the latest bank to eye the Tampa Bay market for expansion". American City Business Journals.
- Business data for 1st Source Corporation: