2005 in Ghana
2005 in Ghana details events of note that happened in Ghana in the year 2005.
- 7th - President Kufuor as president of Ghana, for the second time after the 2004 elections.
- 9th- Hearts of oak defeats their arch rivals kotoko in Kumasi to win the maiden confederation cup. The defeat led to enormous pain in the kotoko fraternity.
- 6 March - 48th independence anniversary
Holidays in italics are "special days", while those in regular type are "regular holidays".
- January 1: New Year's Day
- March 6: Independence Day
- May 1: Labor Day
- December 25: Christmas
- December 26: Boxing Day
In addition, several other places observe local holidays, such as the foundation of their town. These are also "special days."
- "Major events in 2005". www.ghanaweb.com. Retrieved 19 May 2011.