2012 Chirirbandar violence
2012 Chirirbandar violence refers to the attack on the minority Hindu community by Islamic Extremists in Chirirbandar Upazila of Dinajpur District in the Division of Rangpur, Bangladesh on 4 August 2012.
|Part of a series on|
|Persecution of Bengali Hindus|
Part of Bengali Hindu history
There was a temporary mosque in the Balaibajar locality of the Rajapur village under Amarpur union council of Chirirbandar Upazila . The owner of the land was Professor Hamida Khatun of Chittagong Metropolitan College. She wanted to make the mosque permanent. The foundation stone of the mosque was laid one week before the incident. But there was an old Kali Temple about 200 yards distant from the mosque. Rajapur village is a completely Hindu dominated village. There is no Muslim in the locality. So the Hindus requested Professor Hamida Khatun to build the Mosque 500 yards away. But she denied and with the help of the Chirirbandar Upazila Parishad chairman and a Bangladesh Jamaat-e-Islami leader Aftab Ali Molla gave inflammatory speech to agitate the local Muslims. 
The incident triggered panic among the members of the Hindu community in the locality.
The Awami League put the incident down to the upazila administration's lack of prompt action and BNP and Bangladesh Jamaat-e-Islami's provocation. BNP, however, pointed the finger at the ruling party lawmaker's failure to act responsibly. 
- 1962 Rajshahi massacres
- 1964 East-Pakistan riots
- 1971 Bangladesh genocide
- 1989 Bangladesh pogroms
- 1990 Bangladesh anti-Hindu violence
- 1992 Bangladesh violence
- 2012 Fatehpur violence
- 2012 Hathazari violence
- 2012 Ramu violence
- 2013 Bangladesh Anti-Hindu violence
- 2014 Bangladesh anti-Hindu violence
- Noakhali riots
- Persecution of indigenous peoples in Bangladesh
- Persecution of Hindus in Bangladesh
- Persecution of Buddhists in Bangladesh
- Persecution of Chakma buddhists
- Persecution of Ahmadis in Bangladesh
- Persecution of Christians in Bangladesh
- Persecution of atheists and secularists in Bangladesh
- Freedom of religion in Bangladesh
- Human rights in Bangladesh
- জামায়াত নেতার উস্কানিতে দিনাজপুরে হিন্দুদের ওপর হামলা, বাড়িতে আগুন. Janakantha (in Bengali). 5 August 2012. Archived from the original on 21 January 2013.
- "Anatomy of instigated violence". New Age. 7 September 2012. Archived from the original on 1 February 2014. Retrieved 14 September 2012.
- "Violence Unleashed Over the Hindu Community of Dinajpur, Bangladesh". Archived from the original on 27 September 2012. Retrieved 14 September 2012.
- "Hindus' houses looted, torched in Dinajpur". bdnews24.com. 4 August 2012.
- "198 charge-sheeted in Dinajpur". The Independent. Dhaka. Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- "17 arrested over temple land grab". The Daily Star. 7 August 2012.