2016–17 Haitian Senate election
This article needs to be updated. The reason given is: Official results needed..February 2017)(
|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
Senate elections were held in Haiti with a first round on 20 November 2016, and a second on 29 January 2017. The first round were held simultaneously with the presidential elections and the second round of the parliamentary elections that still had a run-off pending in some constituencies since 2015.
Two candidates were elected in the first round of the elections as they obtained an absolute majority or a difference or more than 25% over their immediate runner-up: Wanique Pierre (PHTK) in the Nord-Est constituency and Joseph Lambert (KONA) in the Sud-Est constituency. The other 8 remaining constituencies had a run-off to decide the senators elected. Preliminary results were published on 3 February. The final results will be available after a two-week challenge period and the handling of possible cases.
Grand'Anse, Grand'Anse constituency
- Jean Rigaud Belizaire (Consortium) 52.83%
- Riche Andris (OPL) 45.92%
- Against all 1.25%
Grand'Anse, Roseaux constituency
- Ronald Toussaint (Inite Patriyotik) 50.31%
- David Nicolas Clerie 49.45%
- Against all 0.24%
- Patrice Dumont (Rassemblement des Patriotes Haïtiens - RPH) 57.40%
- Fednel Monchéry (PHTK) 40.13%
- Against all 2.47%
- Jean Marie Ralphe Fethiere (PHTK) 56.34%
- Theodord Saintilus (Pitit Dessalines) 41.52%
- Against all 2.14%
- Wanique Pierre (PHTK) 58.74% is elected in the first round
- Rony Celestin (PHTK) 49.59%
- Abel Descollines (KID) 49.50%
- Against all 0.91%
- Garcia Delva (AAA) 53.85%
- Marc Antoine Aldorphe (Bouclier) 43.07%
- Against all 3.08%
- Pierre François Sildor (PHTK) 57.77%
- Fritz Carlos Lebon (Fanmi Lavalas) 40.66%
- Against all 1.57%
- Joseph Lambert (KONA) 53.78% is elected in the 1st round
- Denis Cadeau (Bouclier) 59.45%
- Louberson Vilson (Fanmi Lavalas) 39.44%
- Against all 1.11%
- Kedlaire Augustin (PHTK) 65.50%
- Francois Lucas Sainvil (MOSANOH) 32.28%
- Against all 2.23%
- Electoral Timetable 2016-2017 - Official Haiti Libre, 6 June 2016
- "Haiti - Elections : Final list of approved candidates Senators". Haiti-Libre. 10 August 2016. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- Haïti: nouvelles dates pour les élections Le Figaro, 14 October 2016
- "Haiti - FLASH : The elections of October 9 postponed". Haiti Libre. 5 October 2016. Retrieved 6 October 2016.
- "Haiti - FLASH : Results of elections 1/3 senate, complementary legislative..." HaitiLibre. 5 December 2016. Retrieved 13 December 2016.
- "Haiti - FLASH : Preliminary results 2nd round elections 1/3 Senate - HaitiLibre.com : Haiti news 7/7". Retrieved 31 July 2017.
|This Haiti-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Caribbean election-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|