2017 Democratic Republic of the Congo gubernatorial elections
11 Provincial Governors from 26
|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
the Democratic Republic of the Congo
|United Nations Mission|
|Democratic Republic of the Congo portal|
Gubernatorial elections took place in 11 out of the 26 provinces of the Democratic Republic of the Congo on 26 August 2017, with a second round held in three provinces on August 29. Elections in three other provinces were not held until 21 December 2017. The elections occurred after several governors had been dismissed. Applications of potential candidates were submitted to the Independent National Electoral Commission from 21 to 25 July 2017, with a period for the review of the applications from 26 to 30 July. On August 2, the list of candidates was published and the following two days were granted for any appeals. More than half of the provinces were won by candidates of the Alliance of the Presidential Majority, though some went to independent opposition candidates.
Governors are elected by provincial assemblies.
Results by province
|Bas-Uele||Anina Makwa Godelieve||Independent|
|Haut-Katanga||Célestin Pande Kapopo||Majority|
|Haut-Lomami||Kalenga Mwenzemi Jackson||Majority|
|Kwilu||Michel Balabala Kasongo||Independent|
|Sud-Ubangi||Taila Nage Joachim||Independent|
- CENI : élection des gouverneurs et vice-gouverneurs de l’Equateur, du Kasaï central et de la Mongala en décembre 2017 (in French). Actualite.cd. Published 12 November 2017. Retrieved 4 March 2018.
- RDC: résultats contrastés pour la Majorité lors de l’élection de gouverneurs (in French). Published 28 August 2017. Retrieved 4 March 2018.
- Élection des gouverneurs en RDC : le processus suspendu dans les provinces du Kasaï-Central et de Mongala (in French). Jeune Afrique. Published 3 August 2017. Retrieved 4 March 2018.
- Ngubaa, Danny (18 July 2017). Election des Gouverneurs en RDC. CENI : les résultats définitifs seront connus le 12 septembre 2017 (in French). La Prosperite. Retrieved 4 March 2018.
- Tshibuyi, Christine (29 August 2017). RDC : Voici les résultats de l’élection des gouverneurs organisée ce mardi[permanent dead link] (in French). Acutalite.cd. Retrieved 4 March 2018.
- RDC: le Kasaï central a élu son nouveau gouverneur (in French). Radio France Internationale. Published 22 December 2017. Retrieved 4 March 2018.