2020 Scottish Cup Final
|Event||2019–20 Scottish Cup|
|Date||20 December 2020|
|Venue||Hampden Park, Glasgow|
The 2020 Scottish Cup Final will be the 135th final of the Scottish Cup and the final of the 2019–20 Scottish Cup, the most prestigious knockout football competition in Scotland. The match was originally scheduled to take place at Hampden Park on 9 May 2020, but was postponed prior to the semi-finals being played with no alternative date proposed at that point, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic in Scotland. On 21 July, the final was rescheduled for 20 December.
On 1 May 2020, UEFA confirmed that the final would have to be played before the end of the 2019–20 season in early July in order to activate the usual place in the 2020–21 UEFA Europa League for the winners, with the qualification spot instead going to the team finishing fourth in the 2019–20 Scottish Premiership (either with fixtures completed or placings declared). That would adversely impact Heart of Midlothian or Hibernian who were due to meet in one semi-final and had no other route to European football, whereas in the other semi-final Celtic were certain to qualify for Europe from their position at the top of the league table, and fourth-placed Aberdeen had possibilities to do so either if the league continued and they climbed to third, or if Celtic won the Cup and its entry passed to the league. On 22 May, the Scottish Football Association indicated their preference to complete the competition but to wait until such a time as spectators would be allowed to attend, primarily for financial reasons with three large attendances expected at the remaining matches. The Premiership standings at the time of postponement were declared final and three Europa League places, including one for Aberdeen, were duly allocated from the league.
- 90 minutes
- 30 minutes of extra time if necessary
- Penalty shoot-out if scores still level
- Seven named substitutes
- Maximum of three substitutions in normal time (a fourth substitute is permitted in extra time)
BBC Scotland and Premier Sports have the rights to broadcast the final, in what will be the second season of a six-year deal in the United Kingdom to broadcast Scottish Cup matches from the fourth round onward.
- 2019-20 William Hill Scottish Cup Dates Confirmed | Scottish Cup | News
- SFA update fans on Scottish Cup and Nations League play-offs after Uefa call, The Courier, 16 March 2020
- Scottish Cup: 2019-20 final scheduled for 20 December, BBC Sport, 21 July 2020
- Hibs and Hearts dealt Europa League blow as UEFA inform SFA of European placings procedure, Daily Record, 2 May 2020
- When Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs could finish the 2020 Scottish Cup, The Scotsman, 22 May 2020
- "Celtic champions & Hearts relegated after SPFL ends season". BBC Sport. 18 May 2020. Retrieved 21 July 2020.
- "Scottish FA Announce Scottish Cup Broadcasting Deals". Scottish Football Association. 12 November 2018. Retrieved 2 March 2020.