332nd Static Infantry Division (Wehrmacht)
|332nd (Static) Infantry Division|
|Engagements||World War II|
The 332nd Static Infantry Division was raised over the winter of 1940-1941 and served on coastal defense duties in Brittany and along the Channel coast until early 1943. In October 1942 the division was reorganized as the 332nd Infantry Division (with improved mobility and offensive capabilities), and in the spring of 1943 it was transferred to the Eastern Front; it was disbanded after the Battle of Kursk.
- Generalleutnant Heinrich Recke, 14 November 1940
- Generalleutnant Hans Kessel, 6 August 1941
- General der Infanterie Walter Melzer, 17 December 1942
- Generalleutnant Hans Schäfer, 1 January 1943
- Generalmajor Adolf Trowitz, 5 June 1943
- Tessin, Georg (1974). Die Landstreitkräfte 281—370. Verbände und Truppen der deutschen Wehrmacht und Waffen SS im Zweiten Weltkrieg 1939—1945. 9. Osnabrück: Biblio. pp. 184–185.
|This German World War II article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|