51st Golden Globe Awards
|51st Golden Globe Awards|
|Date||January 22, 1994|
|Best Film: Drama||Schindler's List|
|Best Film: Musical or Comedy||Mrs. Doubtfire|
|Best Drama Series||NYPD Blue|
|Best Musical or Comedy Series||Seinfeld|
The 51st Golden Globe Awards, honoring the best in film and television for 1993, were held on January 22, 1994, at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, California. The nominations were announced on December 22, 1993.
Winners and nominees
|Best Motion Picture|
|Drama||Musical or Comedy|
|Schindler's List||Mrs. Doubtfire|
|Best Performance in a Motion Picture – Drama|
|Tom Hanks – Philadelphia||Holly Hunter – The Piano|
|Best Performance in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy|
|Robin Williams – Mrs. Doubtfire||Angela Bassett – What's Love Got to Do with It|
|Best Supporting Performance in a Motion Picture – Drama, Musical or Comedy|
|Supporting Actor||Supporting Actress|
|Tommy Lee Jones – The Fugitive||Winona Ryder – The Age of Innocence|
|Best Director||Best Screenplay|
|Steven Spielberg – Schindler's List||Schindler's List – Steven Zaillian|
|Best Original Score||Best Original Song|
|Heaven & Earth – Kitaro||"Streets of Philadelphia" performed by Bruce Springsteen – Philadelphia|
|Best Foreign Language Film|
|Farewell My Concubine (Ba wang bie ji) • Hong Kong|
|Best Television Series|
|Best Series – Drama||Best Series – Comedy or Musical|
|Best Lead Actor in a Television Series|
|Best Actor – Drama Series||Best Actor – Comedy or Musical Series|
|David Caruso – NYPD Blue||Jerry Seinfeld – Seinfeld|
|Best Lead Actress in a Television Series|
|Best Actress – Drama Series||Best Actress – Comedy or Musical Series|
|Kathy Baker – Picket Fences||Helen Hunt – Mad About You|
|Best Supporting Performance – Series, Miniseries or Television Film|
|Best Supporting Actor – Series, Miniseries or Television Film||Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries or Television Movie|
|Beau Bridges – The Positively True Adventures of the Alleged Texas Cheerleader-Murdering Mom||Julia Louis-Dreyfus – Seinfeld|
|Best Actor – Miniseries or Television Film||Best Actress – Miniseries or Television Film|
|James Garner – Barbarians at the Gate||Bette Midler – Gypsy|
|Best Miniseries or Television Film|
|Barbarians at the Gate|
The following 3 films received multiple wins:
The following series received multiple wins:
|2||Barbarians at the Gate|
- 66th Academy Awards
- 14th Golden Raspberry Awards
- 45th Primetime Emmy Awards
- 46th Primetime Emmy Awards
- 47th British Academy Film Awards
- 48th Tony Awards
- 1993 in film
- 1993 in American television
- Fox, David (24 January 1994). "'Schindler's List' Breaks the Jinx for Spielberg". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 14 January 2018.
- "Complete list of 1994 Golden Globe winners". Variety. 23 January 1994. Retrieved 14 January 2018.
- "Spielberg wins best director award for 'Schindler's List'". The Victoria Advocate. 24 January 1994. Retrieved 14 January 2018 – via Google News Archive.
- Frook, John (6 December 1993). "Golden Globe noms announcement set". Variety. Retrieved 14 January 2018.
- Fox, David (23 December 1993). "'Schindler,' 'Piano' Head Globe List". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 14 January 2018.
- "Golden Globe nominations". Variety. 22 December 1993. Retrieved 14 January 2018.