8 Point Art Cafe
Inside view of Eight-point Gallery Cafe
|Established||2 October 2015|
|Collections||Paintings and sculpture|
|Public transit access||Kollam KSRTC - 1.3 km|
Kollam Junction - 2.1 km
Kollam KSWTD - 1.3 km
The Eight-point Gallery Cafe or 8 Point Art Cafe is an art gallery and cafe situated in Kollam (Quilon) city of Kerala, India. This is the first international standard art cafe in the city of Kollam. Eight-Point is established in a renovated heritage building, ‘Parambarya,’ inside the Asramam Picnic Village campus. Famous muralist and art director Mr. Shenley had taken the Parambarya building from Kollam DTPC(District Tourism promotion Council) for five years to set-up this art cafe. The Kollam DTPC has spent nearly 2 million Indian Rupee for the renovation and setting up of properties in the museum/Paramparya building.
Now the art cafe is home for various exhibitions, performing arts and other events.
The name ‘eight-point’ represents the eight creeks of Ashtamudi Lake and the eight art forms incorporated in the gallery.
- Venue for Music
Little Free Library
The first Little Free Library in Kerala is set up at 8 Point Art Cafe. The library is having 50 books in the small shelf situated at the courtyard and readers can take any book without fee by keeping another book.
- "Photo expo on transgender people". The Hindu. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- "'Eight-point gallery cafe' is ready for inauguration in Kollam". Archived from the original on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 24 February 2016.
- "'Eight-point gallery cafe' to boost art in Kollam - Deccan Chronicle". Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "History narrated through antiques". The Hindu. 18 April 2017. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- "Kollam's first Art Gallery " Eight point" art cafe get ready for Inauguration". Archived from the original on 2 October 2015. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "Giving a leg-up for creativity in Kollam". The Hindu. 30 November 2016. Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- "Now read and share your books at this 'Little Free Library'". Asianet News. 1 October 2016. Retrieved 14 April 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Eight-point Gallery Cafe.|