|Type||Music television network|
Entertainment news online venture
by Indrani Mukerjea
|Pradeep Guha – Managing Director|
9X Media is the largest Indian music broadcaster operating 4 music television channels and a Bollywood news portal – www.spotboye.com. The four music channels are 9XM (Latest Bollywood), 9X Jalwa (Evergreen Hindi), 9X Jhakaas (Marathi) and 9X Tashan (Punjabi).
In August 2010, INX Media renamed itself 9X Media as part of a restructuring process. It was planned to be acquired by Zee Entertainment Enterprises in October 2017 for the cost of ₹160 crore, however the plan fell through in March 2018.
In June 2020, the company shut down its English music network 9XO.
- 9XM : is the flagship channel of 9X Media. Since its launch in 2007, 9XM has been a prominent Bollywood music channel. 9XM airs the latest Bollywood songs interspersed with rib-tickling animation. Its popular animation characters include Bade Chote, Bheegi Billi and Betel Nuts. Bade Chote of Bakwaas Bandh Kar fame entertain viewers with their jokes and funny messages.
- 9X Jalwa : IT airs Forever Young Bollywood music songs. The Channel also features Bollywood movie trivia through a series of short format shows and vignettes.
- 9X Tashan: is the Punjabi Music Channel and a category leader since its launch in 2011. 9X Tashan, is targeted at free-spirited Punjabi viewers who take pride in everything related to Punjab.
- 9X Jhakaas: is First Marathi Music Channel. Targeted at the confident and go-getter Marathi Music lovers, 9X Jhakaas airs Marathi film & non-film songs.
- SpotboyE : A Bollywood News portal. The website celebrates Bollywood and is the destination for news, features and stories of Bollywood movies, stars and people associated with Bollywood.
- 9X A general entertainment channel bought by ZEE and later shut down.
- 9XO: The company's contemporary English & International music channel. It ceased broadcasting on 1 June, 2020.
- "Peter And Indrani Mukerjea Stepping Down At INX; Pradeep Guha To Come Onboard As Consultant". contentSutra. 10 March 2009.
- "INX Media renamed 9X Media". afaqs!. 5 August 2010. Archived from the original on 19 September 2016. Retrieved 10 February 2012.
- Bureau, Our (6 October 2017). "Zee to acquire 9X Media, its arms for ₹160 cr". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 18 November 2017.
- "ZEE terminates 9X Media acquisition".
- "9XM gets into licensing and merchandising business". afaqs news bureau. afaqs. 5 August 2010. Retrieved 19 December 2015.
- "Super Hit Punjabi Music Channel to launch on 31st August 2011" (PDF). 9X Media. 30 August 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on 5 January 2012. Retrieved 10 February 2012.
- "9X Media Group launches Punjabi music channel 9X Tashan". CI Team. camapignindia.com. 31 August 2011. Retrieved 19 December 2015.
- "9X Jhakaas presents Maha Ganapati Utsav". indiantelevision.com. Archived from the original on 29 January 2015. Retrieved 24 November 2013.
- "9X Media's intl music channel 9XO launches on 24 April". IT Team. indiantelevision.com. 23 April 2012. Retrieved 19 December 2015.