APEC Thailand 2003
|APEC Thailand 2003|
APEC Thailand 2003 was a series of political meetings held around Thailand between the 21 member economies of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation during 2003. Various meetings were held across Thailand to discuss present economic conditions and future global policies. Leaders from all the member countries met from 20-21 October 2003 in Bangkok. President George W. Bush will attend leaders' meetings and will visit Indonesia, Japan, the Philippines, Singapore and Australia. The presentation defines the major issues that may arise during the APEC meeting and President Bush's visit to East Asia. The theme of APEC in 2003 is "Different worlds: Partnership for the Future", which aims to bring together the greatest potential of all APEC economies to meet future challenges, in particular the free and open trade of APEC and investment in the developed APEC economies. This central theme is magnified by a series of five sub-themes designed to guide APEC working groups and forums in achieving their objectives.
- "Research Guide on the Trading Systems in the Asian-Pacific Region: APEC, ASEAN and their Members - GlobaLex". www.nyulawglobal.org. Retrieved 2019-04-14.
- "2003 Leaders' Declaration". www.apec.org. Retrieved 2019-04-09.
- "APEC 2003: New Executive Director From Thailand". www.apec.org. Retrieved 2019-04-10.
- "2003 APEC Ministerial Meeting". www.apec.org. Retrieved 2019-04-10.
- King, John (2003). "Bush in Thailand for APEC summit". CNN.
- Conroy, John (June 2005). "APEC and Financial Exclusion: Missed Opportunities for Collective Action?" (PDF). Asia-Pacific Development Journal. 12: 53–55.
- Frost, Frank; Rann, Ann. "The 2003 APEC Bangkok meetings and President Bush's East Asia visit". Parliament of Australia. Retrieved 16 April 2019.
- Nanto, Dick Kazuyuki (2003-08-01). "Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC), Free Trade, and the 2003 Summit in Bangkok, Thailand [August 1, 2003]". Cite journal requires
- Dalla, Ismail (2003). Harmonization of bond market rules and regulations in selected APEC economies. Asian Development Bank. ISBN 9715615090.
- Media related to APEC Thailand 2003 at Wikimedia Commons
APEC Mexico 2002
| APEC meetings
APEC Chile 2004