Arbaiyah binti Abdul Manan
|Spouse(s)||Norman Hakim (m. 2002-2008) |
Muhammad Noor Farhan (m. 2013-2014)
Muhammad Faizal Zakari (m. 2015-present)
Arbaiyah Abdul Manan, known professionally as Abby Abadi is a Malaysian singer and actress. She is best known as one of the members of the Malaysian girl group, Elite, which gained success in late 1990s and early 2000s and known for her role as Inspector Aleeza on the popular police drama, Gerak Khas where she is one of the six original cast members. She won the Berita Harian's Anugerah Bintang Popular Award for Most Popular TV Actress in 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003.
Involvement in politics
She was said to have married a PAS assembly member Mohd Zaki Ibrahim. However, she denied the claims.
Controversial comments about Islam
Abadi is quite vocal in voicing her opinion on Islamic teaching. Ever since she became a member of PAS, she began giving sermons and teachings.
Because most of her views contradicts the teachings of Islam, Abadi was condemned in the Malaysian blogosphere. In a Malay language portal, it shows that Abadi stated that, the reason for all the things that she has done in PAS is for the benefits of her friends, family and the society. She believes that her work in PAS can guarantee her salvation in the afterlife.
Feud with religious scholar
Because of her controversial comments on Islam, Abadi was criticized by Mohd Asri Zainul Abidin. Abadi and Mohd Asri fight on Facebook And Twitter. Abadi has also been questioned by PAS member and religious teacher Ustaz Azhar Idrus. Azhar Idrus suggested that Abadi must further her studies and conduct extensive research on subjects that she wanted to comment.
|2001||Gerak Khas The Movie||Inspector Aleeza|
|2002||Gerak Khas The Movie 2|
|2005||GK3 The Movie|
|Sembilu 2005||Teacher Abby|
|2010||Andartu Terlampau...21 Hari Mencari Suami||Sarah|
|1999–2011, 2019–present||Gerak Khas||DSP Aleeza||TV2|
|2000||Maria Mariana The Series||Maria||TV3|
|2008–2010||Hikayat Putera Shazlan||Mak Som||Astro Ceria|
|2005||Menantu Mak Dara||TV3|
|2006||Labuna Labuni||Astro Ria|
Abby Abadi married her Gerak Khas co-star, Norman Hakim, in 2002. Norman and Abby was legally divorced (talak satu) at the Gombak Timur Shariah Court in 2008. They have three children together: Mohamed Danish Hakim, Marisa Dania, and Maria Danisha.
Four years after her divorce from Norman Hakim, Abby married Muhammad Noor Farhan Che Bakar. He is 12 years younger than her. Their marriage only lasted for a year. They divorced on 9 May 2014.
- MOHD ZAILANI ABD RAHMAN. "Abby Jadi Ahli Seumur Hidup PAS", Sinar Harian, Kuala Lumpur, 20 Julai 2012. Retrieved on 19 February 2013.
- Harakah Daily, "Malay drama star Abby Abadi goes 'green' for life" Archived 31 August 2013 at the Wayback Machine, Harakah Daily.com, 20 July 2012. Retrieved on 19 February 2013.
- The Star. "‘I’m not married to Abby’, says PAS assemblyman", The Star, Kuala Lumpur, 4 August 2012. Retrieved on 19 February 2013.
- The Star Archives, "Nik Aziz: PAS has no objection to reps having more than one wife", The Star Online, Kuala Lumpur, 3 August 2012. Retrieved on 20 February 2013.
- k,b. "Sempat Ke Saya Nak Selamatkan Rakan-Rakan Sebelum Kiamat? – Abby Abadi" Archived 5 March 2013 at the Wayback Machine, Kuala Lumpur, 4 September 2012. Retrieved on 20 Februari 2013.
- Syafiq Ikhwan. "Abby Abadi terkejut Ditegur Ustaz Azhar Idrus!", Kuala Lumpur, 15 August 2012. Retrieved on 20 February 2013.
- Artis Melayu, "Norman Ucap Terima Kasih Pada Abby" Archived 2 April 2012 at the Wayback Machine, Artis Melayu, Kuala Lumpur, October 2011. Retrieved on 19 February 2013.
- Gambar Suami Abby Abadi bernama Muhammad Noor Farhan, Retrieved 20 July 2013.