Abd. Aziz Sheikh Fadzir
Abd. Aziz Sheikh Fadzir
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
for Kulim–Bandar Baharu, Kedah
|Preceded by||Zulkifli Noordin (IND)|
|Succeeded by||Saifuddin Nasution Ismail (PKR-PH)|
Abd. Aziz bin Sheikh Fadzir
28 April 1963
Kedah, Federation of Malaya (now Malaysia)
|Political party||United Malays National Organisation|
|Relations||Abdul Kadir Sheikh Fadzir (elder brother)|
|Abd. Aziz Sheikh Fadzir on Facebook|
Dato' Abd. Aziz bin Sheikh Fadzir (born 28 April 1963) is a Malaysian politician. He was the Member of the Parliament of Malaysia for the seat of Kulim–Bandar Baharu in the state of Kedah for one term from 2013 to 2018, representing the United Malays National Organisation (UMNO) in Malaysia's previous governing Barisan Nasional (BN) coalition.
Abd. Aziz previously an one term Kedah State Legislative Assemblyman for Kuala Ketil; first contested the Kulim–Bandar Baharu seat at the 2008 election. However, he has failed to win and succeed his elder brother, Abdul Kadir Sheikh Fadzir, who had held the seat for seven terms since 1978 and served as a minister in the federal government. Amid a large swing to opposition parties in Kedah, Abd. Aziz lost to Zulkifli Noordin of the People's Justice Party (PKR). He ran for the seat again in the 2013 election, this time defeating PKR's secretary-general, Saifuddin Nasution Ismail. In the 2018 election he failed to retain the seat instead losing to Saifuddin.
|2004||Abd. Aziz Sheikh Fadzir (UMNO)||9,323||50.47%||Md Zuki Yusof (PAS)||8,861||47.97%||18,473||462||82.26%|
|2008||Abd. Aziz Sheikh Fadzir (UMNO)||16,672||42.83%||Zulkifli Noordin (PKR)||22,255||57.17%||40,182||5,583||77.28%|
|2013||Abd. Aziz Sheikh Fadzir (UMNO)||26,782||51.81%||Saifuddin Nasution Ismail (PKR)||24,911||48.19%||52,766||1,871||86.63%|
|2018||Abd. Aziz Sheikh Fadzir (UMNO)||18,299||33.67%||Saifuddin Nasution Ismail (PKR)||23,159||42.62%||55,390||4,860||83.18%|
|Hassan Abdul Razak (PAS)||12,885||23.71%|
- "Brother disappointed with Abdul Kadir supporting Pakatan". Sin Chew Jit Poh. 8 May 2012. Retrieved 29 November 2014.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 4 February 2017. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- Arifuddin Ishak (13 June 2014). "Kulim Bandar Baru MP declared bankrupt". The Star. Retrieved 29 November 2014.
- "Kulim-Bandar Baru MP says he will settle debts soon". Malaysiakini. 12 June 2014. Retrieved 1 February 2015.
- "Malaysia General Election". undiinfo Malaysian Election Data. Malaysiakini. Retrieved 4 February 2017. Results only available from the 2004 election.
- "KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM 13". Sistem Pengurusan Maklumat Pilihan Raya Umum (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- "The Star Online GE14". The Star. Retrieved 24 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
|This article about a Malaysian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|