|Type of business||Privately owned|
|Founded||New York, New York, United States (2000)|
|Headquarters||1250 Broadway, New York, New York|
|Key people||James Hill, Founder/CEO|
Adam J. Epstein, President/COO
Mike Yudin, CTO and CPO
Chris Lehman, VP of Sales
Ed Caminiti, VP of Finance and Operations
Norbert Tamas, VP of Engineering
Rebecca Engle, VP of Marketplace Operations
Amy Murphy, VP of Client Services
|Industry||Online Advertising, Search Engine Marketing, Advertising, Technology, Advertising Platform|
|Services||Account Management for Advertisers, Analytics|
|Alexa rank||7,448 (US Rank) 28,406 (Global Rank)|
adMarketplace is a search advertising marketplace. The company works with large search advertisers, their agencies, and well-known digital publishers to match relevant advertiser offers to user search queries performed on a publisher's site. The privately held company is headquartered in New York City.
Search advertising marketplaces represent a sizable but often overlooked segment of the Search Engine Marketing industry.
adMarketplace operates an online marketplace that connects advertisers and publishers to serve PPC search ads on publisher properties in response to a user’s search. The company places keyword-targeted ads on web properties outside of traditional search engine result pages.
adMarketplace offers advertisers scale and performance via access to exclusive search traffic, according to the company website.
The company positions itself as the only search syndication marketplace and allows advertisers to separate bid management by device type (computer/tablet/phone) and traffic source. The company claims that increased pricing control and transparency results in a higher ROI for advertisers.
In 2013, adMarketplace partnered with Kenshoo to offer integration through Kenshoo’s campaign management dashboard.
The Data Warehousing Institute (TDWI) named adMarketplace a 2014 Best Practices Award winner in Big Data Technology for its Advertiser 3D and BidSmart technologies. Hewlett Packard also recognized adMarketplace with the 2014 Discover Award for its innovation in big data even though their tracking technology is known for its faults.
adMarketplace was founded by James Hill in 2000. From 2003 to 2006, it was the exclusive search advertising platform for eBay; when that exclusivity ended, the company opened its platform to all advertisers and publishers. The immediate impact was a major downsize, with just seven employees at one point, but it then grew 50% in 2008 and reached 80 employees in 2011. In 2012, adMarketplace grew to 100 employees, and was named the 8th fastest growing company in New York by Crains. In 2014, adMarketplace was ranked one of the fastest growing technology companies in North America by Deloitte on their annual Fast 500 list, and in 2016 adMarketplace was among the first 100 companies approved for the Trustworthy Accountability Group (TAG) registry
- "Leading Search Advertising Marketplace". www.admarketplace.com. Retrieved 2018-08-10.
- "adMarketplace's BidSmart Solution Sees Over 75% Increase in Conversion Rates for Top Brands". Ad Tech Daily. 2014-07-15. Retrieved 2018-08-10.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-11-29. Retrieved 2014-11-20.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Bloomberg Partners with adMarketplace As Exclusive Paid Search Partner". Adotas. 2014-11-12. Retrieved 2018-08-10.
- "Adweek". www.adweek.com. Retrieved 2018-08-10.
- "adMarketplace Introduces Programmatic Bids For Its Search Marketplace". Retrieved 2018-08-10.
- "adMarketplace Integrates With Kenshoo to Help Search Advertisers Increase Efficiency and Improve Cross-Platform Insights". Kenshoo. 2013-03-20. Retrieved 2018-08-10.
- "North America: Technology Fast 500". rodis.com.au. Retrieved 2018-08-10.
- "HPPSocialUserSignonPage - Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community". h30499.www3.hp.com. Retrieved 2018-08-10.
- "Home". www.auctionbytes.com. Retrieved 2018-08-10.
- Craw, Ben (2011-12-29). "Adam Epstein, adMarketplace: 27 Million And Counting". Huffington Post. Retrieved 2018-08-10.
- "adMarketplace.com - 2012 Fast 50 | Crain's New York Business". Crain's New York Business. Retrieved 2018-08-10.