|Owner(s)||Delphos Herald Inc.|
|Headquarters||229 N Main St, Ada, Hardin County, Ohio 45810|
The Ada Herald is an Ohio weekly newspaper covering Hardin County and parts of Allen and Hancock counties.
History & Ownership
Starting in June 1885, U.S.G. Cherry, S.B. Wagner, and W.W. Poultney, graduates of Ohio Normal University, started publishing a "monthly review of the school and societies" from the office of the local newspaper, the Ada Record. It was intended to keep alumni of Ohio Normal University up-to-date on university happenings. The publication grew in popularity and became known as the University Herald. M.L. Snyder and Ralph Parlette bought the Herald in 1895 and changed its name to the Ada Herald in 1916.
Barton Snyder, son of M. L. Snyder, sold the paper to Brown Publishing Co. in 1966. When the Brown Publishing Co. went bankrupt in 2010 the Ada Herald as well as the Van Wert Times Bulletin were purchased for $3.6 million by Delphos Herald Inc.
- "Ada Herald". www.mondotimes.com. Retrieved 24 Aug 2018.
- "The Ada Herald History". The Ada Herald. Retrieved 24 Aug 2018.
- "O.N.U. History". The Lima News. 27 Jun 1905.
- "Personals". The Daily Herald. 13 Dec 1899.
- "Ada Paper Changes Name". Richwood Gazette. 7 Sep 1916.
- The Vedanta Kesari. Sri Ramakrishna Math. 1997. p. 16.
- "Brown Buys Ada Paper". Xenia Daily Gazette. 7 Apr 1966.
- Eltman, Frank (31 Jul 2010). "Judge OKs sale of Ohio-based newspaper chain Brown". The Times Recorder.
- Sanctis, Matt (8 Aug 2010). "Court records tell the story of Brown Publishing bankruptcy case". Springfield News-Sun.