McArthur at Star vs. the Forces of Evil panel at 2017 San Diego Comic-Con
|Born||November 28, 1982|
|Alma mater||Pepperdine University|
|Occupation||Actor, martial artist|
|Home town||Pinole, California, U.S.|
Adam McArthur is an American actor and martial artist based in Los Angeles, California, United States. His best-known role is voicing Marco Diaz in the Disney XD's Star vs. the Forces of Evil. He also voices characters on other animation shows, and on-screen on some nationally aired commercials. In martial arts, he specializes in kung fu, has been a champion at some tournaments, and has been the featured subject of several documentaries that have aired on PBS.
McArthur grew up in Pinole, California in the San Francisco Bay Area He graduated from Pepperdine University in 2005 with a degree in Acting and Television Production, and has worked with improv groups in the Los Angeles area. As a martial artist, he specializes in Wushu kung fu, and other forms such as judo. He started when he was 11. In 2003, he was an All Around Grand Champion in the Adult Male Traditional category at the UC Berkeley Chinese Martial Arts Tournament. In 2006, he was selected for the documentary Kung Fu: Journey to the East where he and fellow martial arts practitioner Kristi Jordan visited China to learn from martial arts experts and perform at a stage presentation at the Shaolin Temple. The show was broadcast on PBS. He would return in 2014 for another PBS-broadcast documentary called Shaolin Kung Fu Monks where he follows the group as they go on a worldwide tour with stops in Moscow, New York City, and Los Angeles.
McArthur's first major role in animation voice-over was in Star vs. the Forces of Evil, which premiered as one of the top animated shows on the Disney XD channel, and which was ordered for a second season ahead of its regular broadcast of the first season. He voices Marco Diaz, a teenage boy whose family hosts the title character as an exchange student, and who becomes her partner in their adventures. Daron Nefcy said he brings something special to the character, making Marco's Charlie Brown-ness charming. He voiced in the series Star Wars: The Clone Wars as Mon Cala Prince Lee-Char for a story arc in season 4. In an interview with TheForce.net, McArthur said he used his regular voice for his character.
McArthur was involved in theater throughout high school and college, and has worked at ComedySportz in Los Angeles as part of their improv team. In 2015, he starred in an Audi commercial called "The Scripted Life" which aired during the 2015 Emmy Awards and was also nominated for several awards among film festivals and advertising critics.
- Motocross Kids (2004) – Male reporter
- Jack & Bobby (2004) – The Track Guy (Ep. 9: "Chess Lessons")
- Kung Fu: Journey to the East (2006) – Himself – Documentary, featured subject
- El Dorado (2009) – Jack Thompson
- Scooby-Doo! Spooky Camp Stories (2010) – Counselor Cooper
- Shaolin Kung Fu Monks (2014) – Himself – Documentary, featured subject
- "The Scripted Life" (2015) – Carl – Audi television commercial 
- Krampus (2015)
- Phantom Investigators (2002) – Max (Ep. 11: "Ghosts on Film")
- The LeBrons (2011) – Erik
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2011) – Mon Cala Prince Lee-Char (Eps.: "Prisoners" and "Water War"/"Gungan Attack")
- The Adventures of Puss in Boots (2015) – Chad (Ep. 3: "Brothers")
- Star vs. the Forces of Evil (2015–2019) – Marco Diaz
- Ollie and Scoops (2019) – Rudy
- Too Loud (2019) – Hilarious Larry
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (2015) – Joker
- Far Cry 5 (2018)
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider (2018)
- Mortal Kombat 11 (2019)
- Cox, Lauren (November 3, 2017). "Adam McArthur: 5 Things To Know About The 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' Star". hollywoodlife.com. Retrieved November 16, 2017.
- "Adam McArthur - Actor". Adam McArthur - Actor. Retrieved July 17, 2017.
- "Adam McArthur". Facebook.
Official Facebook page of Los Angeles based actor, Adam McArthur.
- "Pep improv troupe wows audiences ‹ Pepperdine Graphic". pepperdine-graphic.com. Retrieved October 5, 2015.
- Adam Isaac Ebert. "Blu Fable - Adam McArthur". BluFable.com. Archived from the original on October 6, 2015. Retrieved October 5, 2015.
- "Wushu Athlete Adam McArthur CMAT 20 Berkeley - News Blog - Wushu Shaolin Kung Fu". www.wushushaolin.com. Retrieved July 17, 2017.
- "Latest Life Members - USJF.COM". United States Judo Federation. Archived from the original on October 7, 2015. Retrieved October 6, 2015.
- Star Butterfly (August 17, 2015). Star vs. The Forces of Evil - Adam McArthur Live Chat 8/17/2015. YouTube. Retrieved October 22, 2015.
- Oh, Gigi; Ching, Gene. "Olympic bound? The 11th annual Berkeley Chinese Martial Arts Tournament Pioneers the Way". Kung Fu Tai Chi. Retrieved October 5, 2015.
- "KUNG FU JOURNEY TO THE EAST | American Public Television". Aptonline.org. Archived from the original on October 6, 2015. Retrieved October 6, 2015.
- D3 Media Group. "Shaolin Kung Fu Monks". d3mediagroup.com. Archived from the original on October 6, 2015. Retrieved October 5, 2015.
- "Schedule & Synopsis". asianpopupcinema.org. Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- Disney XD (February 12, 2015). "'Star vs. The Forces of Evil' Renewed for Second Season by Disney XD Ahead of Series Premiere" (Press release). Retrieved February 12, 2015 – via TV by the Numbers.
- Lucas Siegel (March 26, 2015). "Get a Little Weird and Wild with Daron Nefcy's Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil on Disney XD". Comicbook.com.
(LS) Adam McArthur seems to have a really tough job with Marco, since he seems to be the only person on the planet that is surprised about Star and what she does!
DN: (laughs) Yeah, and Adam really brings something special to that character, too.
There’s almost this existential Charlie Brown-ness to him that I really like. I think Adam really makes that obvious, and makes that charming.
- TCW Season 4 Premiere Event: Adam McArthur Interview. Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, California. September 10, 2011.
The ForceCast's Jimmy Mac interviews Adam McArthur, the voice of Mon Cala Prince Lee-Char, at the premiere party for The Clone Wars Season 4
- "ComedySportz Los Angeles :: About Us :: Adam McArthur". comedysportzla.com. Archived from the original on February 14, 2015. Retrieved October 22, 2015.
- Venables Bell & Partners. "Audi Q3 - "The Scripted Life"". adforum.com.
- Bruce, Chris (January 13, 2015). "2nd annual Automobile Advertising of the Year Awards revealed". Autoblog. Retrieved October 5, 2015.
- Adam McArthur (September 22, 2015). Star Vs. the Forces of Evil "Interdimensional Field Trip" and "Marco Grows a Beard" - Periscope. YouTube. Retrieved October 22, 2015.
- "The Booth & Bus Co". theknot.com. Retrieved July 17, 2017.
- "Debórah Eliezer :: Studio, Stage, Study". deboraheliezer.com. Retrieved August 7, 2016.
- D3 Media Group. "Kung Fu Journey to the East". d3mediagroup.com. Archived from the original on October 6, 2015. Retrieved October 5, 2015.
- Ching, Gene (May 20, 2009). "Shaolin Temple Documentaries - Page 6 – Well, here's an oversight". KungFuMagazine.com. Retrieved October 5, 2015.
- Gretchen Wagner (February 19, 2011). ""The LeBrons" All-Star Cast to Include Niecy Nash, Appearance by Drake, Music by Ali Dee, Top Talent from Across Animation Business". PRWeb.
Adam McArthur (Scooby-Doo! Spooky Camp Stories, El Dorado)
- Mavis, Paul (September 14, 2010). "Scooby Doo: Camp Scare". DVD Talk.
A couple of fun extras add to the disc's enjoyment. First, Scooby-Doo Camp Stories is a live-action segment featuring a young actor (maybe he's well-known to kids audiences...but he's not credited here) telling scary camp fire stories for the young viewers.
- "TV Daily Schedule: KQED World". KQED Public Media. Retrieved October 5, 2015.
- "2015 Audi Q3 TV Commercial, 'Scripted Life'". iSpot.tv. Retrieved October 5, 2015.
- Coffee, Patrick (August 25, 2014). "Venables Bell & Partners Veers Off-Script for Audi". Adweek. Retrieved October 5, 2015.
The question that some may ask at tonight’s awards event: “is that guy unionized, or did they outsource all their classic heroes like Marvel and DC?”
- Adam McArthur (September 22, 2015). Star Vs the Forces of Evil Storm the Castle - Periscope. YouTube. Retrieved October 22, 2015.
- "Behind The Voice Actors – Adam McArthur". Behind The Voice Actors. Retrieved October 3, 2015. Check mark indicates role has been confirmed using screenshots of closing credits and other reliable sources
- Kristin Brzoznowski (February 17, 2015). "Disney XD renews Star vs. The Forces of Evil". TV Latina.
Adam McArthur (Star Wars: The Clone Wars), como Marco Díaz.
- Marc Berman (February 13, 2015). "Modest Start for Limited Drama 'The Slap' on NBC". TV Media Insights. Archived from the original on September 28, 2015.
Disney XD Greenlights Second Season of Animated Comedy “Star vs. The Forces of Evil”
Lending their voices to “Star vs. The Forces of Evil” in addition to Eden Sher are Adam McArthur (“Star Wars: The Clone Wars”)
- Eric Goldman (September 16, 2011). "Star Wars: The Clone Wars - "Water War/Gungan Attack" Review". IGN.
Lee-Char was young and untested, but Adam McArthur's voice was awfully slight
- "Adam McArthur - Voice Actor Profile at Voice Chasers". Voice Chasers.
- Rick Bentley (March 26, 2015). "New Disney princess designed to be 'fierce'". Columbus Dispatch.
the Diaz’s teenage son, Marco
- Mercedes Milligan (February 12, 2015). "Disney XD Orders Second Season of 'Star vs. The Forces of Evil'". Animation Magazine.
Diaz’s teenage son, Marco (Adam McArthur)
- Victoria Leigh Miller (March 27, 2015). "'Star vs. the Forces of Evil' Exclusive: Eden Sher on Her New Disney Princess". Yahoo TV.
her earthling bestie, Marco (Adam McArthur)
- Bentley, Rick (March 23, 2015). "Eden Sher: Her new Disney character is nowhere near the middle". The Fresno Bee.
her fellow actors including Adam McArthur