Adams Township, Hamilton County, Indiana
Wesleyan church at Bakers Corner
Location in Hamilton County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||48.36 sq mi (125.3 km2)|
|• Land||48.27 sq mi (125.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.09 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.19%|
|Elevation||922 ft (281 m)|
|• Density||100.6/sq mi (38.8/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453077|
Adams Township was organized in 1833.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 48.36 square miles (125.3 km2), of which 48.27 square miles (125.0 km2) (or 99.81%) is land and 0.09 square miles (0.23 km2) (or 0.19%) is water. The streams of Baker Ditch, Cicero Creek, Eagle Creek, Fouch Ditch, Hinkle Creek, Jay Ditch, Jones Ditch, Lindley Ditch, Little Cicero Creek, McKinzie Ditch, Pearce Ditch, Prairie Creek, Ross Ditch and Teter Branch, run through the township.
Cities and towns
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Jefferson Township, Tipton County (north)
- Cicero Township, Tipton County (northeast)
- Jackson Township (east)
- Washington Township (south)
- Marion Township, Boone County (west)
- Sugar Creek Township, Clinton County (northwest)
The township contains nine cemeteries: Boxley, Crown Hill, Phillips, Ridge, Spencer, Spicewood, Teter, Union Grove and Wiles.
Airports and landing strips
- Black Hawk Airport
- Sheridan Airport
- Windy Knoll Airport
Adams Township residents may obtain a free library card from Sheridan Public Library in Sheridan.
- "Adams Township, Hamilton County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 14 September 2009.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Archived from the original on 12 February 2020. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- Haines, John F. (1915). History of Hamilton County, Indiana: Her People, Industries And Institutions, Volume 1. B.F. Bowen & Co. p. 146.
- "Get a library card". Sheridan Public Library. Retrieved 7 March 2018.
|This Hamilton County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|