This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
As one of the founders of the Tirana Art Lab – Centre for Contemporary Art, she has curated various contemporary art exhibitions in different venues around Tirana.
Since 2014, the organization operates from a multifunctional exhibition space located in the centre of Tirana. The space also hosts an open library of English, Albanian and Italian reference books, artists' catalogues, publications on art theory and criticism, as well as a selection of international art magazines. Access to the library is open to the public.
- 2007–2008 – As a fellow of the Robert Bosch Foundation in the "Culture Manager from Central and Eastern Europe", Demetja worked as a guest curator at the Lothringer 13 – Städtische Kunsthalle München. She curated a number of international exhibitions and events in different European countries.
Among the artists Demetja has featured in solo exhibitions are:
- Damir Ocko
- Armando Lulaj
Thematic exhibitions she has curated include:
- 2009 – Feedback 1989 (with Roland Albrecht, Stephan Balkenhol, Nikolin Bujari, Uroš Djuric, Jakup Ferri, Driton Hajredini, Julia Kissina, Ledia Kostandini, Petrit Kumi, Armando Lulaj, Istvan Laszlo, Jin Lie, Peggy Meinfelder, Anke Mila Menck, Beatrice Minda, Juli Ndoci, Alketa Ramaj, Albrecht Schäfer, Zuzanna Skiba, Kamen Stoyanov, Gabriela Volanti)
- 2012 – The Aesthetic of the Small Act (with Armando Lulaj, Att Poomtangon, Jens Haaning, Karmelo Bermejo, Flaka Haliti, Lana Cmajcanin)
- 2012 – Voices of Truth (with Adrian Paci, Ibro Hasanovic, Damir Ocko)
Demetja lives and works between Tirana and Frankfurt am Main.
- Exhibition of Damir Ocko - www.lothringer13.de[permanent dead link]
- Feedback 1989 Exhibition - Wordpress.com
- Adriatic Region in Focus - Labforculture.org
- Blood Feuds Text -[permanent dead link]