Adieu (Jahn Teigen and Anita Skorgan song)
|Eurovision Song Contest 1982 entry|
|◄ "Aldri i livet" (1981)|
|"Do Re Mi" (1983) ►|
The song is a ballad, with the duo taking the roles of lovers ending a relationship. They pledge to remain on good terms, even though they are no longer together. Skorgan and Teigen were married at the time they performed together, but divorced shortly thereafter.
The song's lyrics were an experiment in which they tried to avoid Norwegian "hard words" like IKKE and BAKKE, to make the song more listenable to European ears. Hence the French title "Adieu".
The song was performed third on the night, following Luxembourg's Svetlana with "Cours après le temps" and preceding the United Kingdom's Bardo with "One Step Further". At the close of voting, it had received 40 points, and came 12th in a field of 18.
- "Jahn Teigen and Anita Skorgan - Eurovision Song Contest". eurovision.tv. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- "Eurovision 1982 Norway - Jahn Teigen & Anita Skorgan - Adieu". youtube.com. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- "Jahn Teigen & Anita Skorgan– Tell Me / Adieu". discogs.com. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- "Eurovision Norway 1982: Adieu (Jahn Teigen & Anita skorgan)". total.tv. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- Sveinsson, Kristján. "Anita Skorgan back on top after primetime tribute". eurovisionary.com. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
|This Norway-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|