Afghanistan at the Paralympics
|Afghanistan at the|
|NPC||Afghanistan Paralympic Committee|
Afghanistan competed at the 2008 Summer Paralympics in Beijing, where it was represented solely by powerlifter Mohammad Fahim Rahimi. Mohammad Fahim Rahimi returned to powerlifting at the 2012 Summer Paralympics in London. Again, Rahimi was the sole athlete.
Afghanistan sent one athlete again to Rio de Janeiro for the 2016 Summer Paralympics, Mohammad Durani. He competed in the men's javelin throw. He finished with a personal best of 26.51 meters, but that put him into last place, and thus not allowed to proceed to the final three throws. However, on 19 September 2016, it was revealed he had tested positive for 19-Norandrosterone, a substance the World Anti-Doping Agency classifies under its list of "Endogenous Anabolic Androgenic Steroids" and is banned in both in-competition and out-of-competition testing. Therefore, Durani was disqualified and his result annulled.
Medals by Summer Games
Medals by Winter Games
- Category:Paralympic competitors for Afghanistan
- Afghanistan at the Olympics
- Afghanistan at the Asian Games
- Sports in Afghanistan
- Afghanistan at the Paralympics, website of the International Paralympic Committee
- "A Run to The Future", Time, April 11, 2004
- "Athlete Profile - HAZRAT Qaher". International Paralympic Committee. April 8, 2004. Archived from the original on November 17, 2005. Retrieved 2008-08-08.
- "Afghan Paralympics team leaves for Beijing", Pajhwok Afghan News, August 31, 2008
- "Results – Men's Javelin Throw – F44 Final". International Paralympic Committee. Archived from the original on 24 October 2016. Retrieved 19 August 2018.
- "Men's Javelin Throw – F44" (PDF). International Paralympic Committee. Archived (PDF) from the original on 8 November 2016. Retrieved 19 August 2018.
- "Rio 2016 Paralympics: Afghanistan's Mohammad Naiem Durani banned for doping". BBC Online. 19 September 2016. Archived from the original on 25 September 2016. Retrieved 19 August 2018.
- "Afghani field athlete suspended for four years for Anti-Doping Violation". International Paralympic Committee. 19 September 2016. Archived from the original on 24 September 2016. Retrieved 19 August 2018.
- Etchells, Daniel (19 September 2016). "Afghan javelin thrower banned after failed doping test at Rio 2016 Paralympics". Inside the Games. Retrieved 19 August 2018.
|This article related to sport in Afghanistan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Paralympics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|