Japanese invasion of French Indochina
On January 4, 1943, he received the post of General Officer in Thailand, first called the Siam Garrison Command, then the Japanese Thirty-ninth Army, and finally on July 7, 1945 the 18th Area Army. At the end of the war, he surrendered his troops to the allies and took his retirement in 1946.
- "Nakamura Aketo". Nihon jinmei daijiten+Plus. Kōdansha. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- Rana Mitter. China's War with Japan, 1937-1945: The Struggle for Survival. Penguin. p. 31.
- Biography of Lieutenant-General Akito Nakamura - (中村明人) - (Nakamura Akihito) (1889 – 1966), Japan
- Kham Vorapheth (2012). L'ASEAN de A à Z: Histoire, Géopolitique, Concepts, Personnages. ISBN 9782296479289.
- Southeast Asian Minorities in the Wartime Japanese Empire