This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Forest Lake, Illinois, U.S.|
|Revenue||$841 million (2017)|
Akorn acquired rival Hi-Tech Pharmacal in 2013.
In June 2015, it was reported that a hacker was trying to sell an Akorn customer database of more than 50,000 records. Akorn commented that "Although much of the information acquired is publicly available, we are in the process of notifying our valued customers about this incident".
In April 2017, Akorn agreed to be acquired by Fresenius for $4.3 billion. These plans were abandoned by Fresenius after Akorn couldn′t meet basic requirements for an acquisition. In October 2018, Akorn received Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) approval from Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution, 0.03%.
- "John Kapoor". Forbes. Retrieved 12 May 2015.
- Reuters Editorial. "Eye drug maker Akorn to buy rival Hi-Tech Pharmacal for $640 million". Reuters. Retrieved 2 August 2017.
- "Akorn Inc. has customer database stolen, records offered to highest bidder". CSO. 18 June 2015. Retrieved 28 June 2015.
- "Fresenius Buys Akorn for $4.3 Billion in U.S. Expansion". 24 April 2017. Retrieved 23 September 2017 – via www.bloomberg.com.
- "Akorn (AKRX) Receives ANDA Approval from FDA for Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution, 0.03%". StreetInsider.com. Retrieved 2018-10-23.
|This article about a medical, pharmaceutical or biotechnological corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biotechnology article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States manufacturing company–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|