An outdated photograph of Hidd
- To be distinguished from Ras al Hadd (رأس الحد), a district with a famous turtle breeding beach in Oman
Al Hidd (Arabic: الحد; transliterated: Al-Ḥidd) is a town in Bahrain, located on a sand spit on the southeastern extremity of Muharraq Island. The town has a large native Sunni population. It is also well known for its rich sea crabs as well as its clear blue seas. Before the discovery of oil in Bahrain, the inhabitants of Hidd were largely involved in the fishing or pearl diving industries. Many of Bahrain's fijiri performance groups are based in Hidd.
Al Hidd is considered a very religiously and culturally conservative area of Bahrain, with many of the town's firjan, or neighborhoods, being composed of old buildings. 
Hidd lies south of the Bahrain International Airport and Arad. Situated close by is East Hidd City, a large public housing project under construction. The Shaikh Khalifa Causeway connects Hidd to Juffair on Bahrain Island. The altitude of Al Hidd is 3m.
Government and infrastructure
To the south of Hidd lies the Hidd Industrial Area, built on newly reclaimed land. In addition to several factories, the Industrial Area has built on it a large power plant, a water desalination plant (which supplies 75% of Bahrain's clean water requirements), and a drydock (Arab Shipbuilding and Repair Yard or ASRY). The Office of Ports and Maritime Affairs of the Ministry of Transportation has its headquarters in Building 702 in Hidd.
The Ministry of Education operates public government schools. Government schools for boys include Al-Hidd Primary Intermediate Boys School and South Hidd Primary Boys School. Government schools for girls include Asma That Al-Nequin Primary Intermediate Girls School and Al-Hadd Secondary Girls School.
- Bahrain Government annual reports. Archive Editions. 1986. p. 84. Retrieved 5 January 2020.
- "Tip Top Globe". Retrieved 3 February 2017.
- "Contact Us Archived 2014-02-07 at Archive.today" Ministry of Transportation. Retrieved on February 7, 2014. "Ports and Maritime Affairs P.O. Box 75315 Hidd Kingdom of Bahrain Tel: +973 17 359595 Fax: +973 17 359558 Courier address: Building 702, Road 1510, Hidd 115" Address in Arabic Archived 2014-02-07 at Archive.today : "شئون الملاحة البحرية صندوق بريد 75315 الحد، مملكة البحرين هاتف: 0097317359595 فاكس: 0097317359558 العنوان: مبنى 702، طريق 1510، الحد 115 "
- "Directory Archived 2009-09-02 at the Wayback Machine." Ministry of Education. Retrieved on 4 September 2009.
|This Bahrain location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|