Alan D. Albright
Alan D Albright
|Judge of the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas|
|Assumed office |
September 18, 2018
|Appointed by||Donald Trump|
|Preceded by||Walter Scott Smith Jr.|
|Magistrate Judge of the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas|
|Born||1959 (age 59–60)|
Hershey, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Education||Trinity University (BA)|
University of Texas School of Law (JD)
Alan D Albright (born 1959) is a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas. He was formerly a United States Magistrate Judge of the same court.
Before becoming a district judge, Albright was a partner in the Austin office of Bracewell LLP, where his practice focused on intellectual property law. He was in private practice at other firms in Austin from 1999 to 2015.
Federal judicial service
Magistrate judge tenure
Albright served as a United States Magistrate Judge of the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas from 1992 to 1999.
District court service
On January 23, 2018, President Trump announced his intent to nominate Albright to an undetermined seat on the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas. On January 24, 2018, his nomination was sent to the United States Senate. He was nominated to the seat vacated by Judge Walter Scott Smith Jr., who retired on September 14, 2016. On April 25, 2018, a hearing on his nomination was held before the Senate Judiciary Committee. On May 24, 2018, his nomination was reported out of committee by voice vote. On September 6, 2018, his nomination was confirmed by voice vote. He received his judicial commission on September 10, 2018, and was sworn in by Chief Judge Orlando Luis Garcia on September 18, 2018.
- "D" is Albright's middle name, it is not an initial.
- "Trump names Austin lawyer Alan Albright to federal bench".
- "President Donald J. Trump Announces Tenth Wave of Judicial Candidates" White House, January 23, 2018 This article incorporates text from this source, which is in the public domain.
- "Eight Nominations Sent to the Senate Today".
- United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary: Nominations for April 25, 2018
- Results of Executive Business Meeting – May 24, 2018, Senate Judiciary Committee
- "PN1523 — Alan D. Albright — The Judiciary". United States Senate. January 24, 2018. Retrieved September 6, 2018.
- Alan D. Albright at the Biographical Directory of Federal Judges, a public domain publication of the Federal Judicial Center.
Walter Scott Smith Jr.
| Judge of the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
|This American law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|