Albion (community), Wisconsin
Public park and war memorial in Albion
|Elevation||260 m (840 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1560730|
Albion is the site of the former Albion Academy. Founded by Seventh-Day Baptists, the school was later operated by the Norwegian Evangelical Lutheran Church of America. The school closed in 1918. In 1928, the Town of Albion purchased the buildings. In 1959, the academy property was turned over to the Albion Academy Historical Society, which operates a museum on the site.
- Cornwall, A. R. "Albion" in Madison, Dane County and Surrounding Towns. Madison: Wm. J. Park, 1877, pp. 283–290.
- Emery, J. Q. "Albion Academy". The Wisconsin Magazine of History, vol. 7, no. 3 (March 1924): 303–319.