|Born||April 1, 1964|
|1996–1997||Libertas Livorno (assistant)|
|2000–2001||Pallacanestro Biella (assistant)|
|2007||Victoria Libertas Pesaro|
|2008–present||Italy U-18 team|
|2015–2016||Mens Sana Siena|
|2016–2018||Segafredo Virtus Bologna|
|2018–present||The Flexx Pistoia|
|Career highlights and awards|
Alessandro Ramagli (born April 1, 1964) is an Italian professional basketball coach. Ramagli has coached multiple teams in Italy since 1996. He las was head coach of The Flexx Pistoia in the Italian Lega Basket Serie A (LBA).
Alessandro Ramagli began to work during the 80s as assistant coach of Claudio Bianchi in Libertas Livorno club. During those years he coached basketball in the elementary schools of Livorno. He later became assistant coach of Don Bosco Livorno, another club of Livorno. He replaced Stefano Michelini as head-coach of Basket Livorno in December 1999, where he went really close to the promotion to Serie A. Due to the instability of the club he went to Pallacanestro Biella in 2000, the assistant-coach of Marco Crespi and reached the promotion to the Italian top-tier level. Next year he became head-coach of Biella, where he coached until 2006. With Biella he reached the Italian League's play-offs in two seasons.
In June 2007 Ramagli went to Benetton Treviso, but after a record of eight defeats in 10 games he left Treviso's bench. Since January 2009 he replaced Franco Marcelletti on the Trenkwalder Reggio Emilia bench in Serie A2. By the end of November 2010, he also replaced Andrea Capobianco with Teramo Basket in Serie A, where he remains until the company's disappearance in summer 2012.
In June 2016, Ramagli signed a contract as head coach of Segafredo Virtus Bologna in the Italian second-tier level Serie A2 Basket. At the end of the 2015-16 Serie A2 season he achieved promotion to the top-tier level LBA.
On May 25, 2018, Ramagli left Bologna after two years as head coach.
Honours and titles
- "Pesaro ha esonerato Calvani In panchina arriva Ramagli" [Pesaro sacked Calvani. Ramagli new head-coach]. archiviostorico.gazzetta.it (in Italian). Retrieved 28 August 2017.
- "Basket: Benetton Treviso, Ramagli nuovo coach" [Basketball: Benetton Treviso, Ramagli is the new coach]. tio.ch (in Italian). Retrieved 28 August 2017.
- Treviso sacked Ramagli
- "Trenkwalder, Ramagli nuovo capo allenatore" [Trenkwalder, Ramagli is the new head-coach]. sportando.com (in Italian). Retrieved 28 August 2017.
- "Alessandro Ramagli stays in Teramo". sportando.com. Retrieved 28 August 2017.
- "Ramagli nuovo coach della Tezenis Verona" [Ramagli new coach of Tezenis Verona]. pianetabasket.com (in Italian). Retrieved 28 August 2017.
- "Mens Sana 1871 name Alessandro Ramagli head coach". sportando.com. Retrieved 28 August 2017.
- Ramagli will coach Virtus Bologna next season
- "La Virtus Bologna vince a Trieste e torna in Serie A" [Virtus Bologna wins in Trieste and returns to Serie A]. sportando.com (in Italian). Archived from the original on 6 September 2017. Retrieved 20 June 2017.
- "Virtus Bologna, il 25 maggio gli addii di Ramagli e Trovato". sportando.basketball (in Italian). Retrieved 29 May 2018.[permanent dead link]
- "Alessandro Ramagli hired as Pistoia head coach". sportando.basketball. Retrieved 13 June 2018.[permanent dead link]