|20th Chief Justice of Ceylon|
1 May 1911 – 1914
|Appointed by||Henry Edward McCallum|
|Preceded by||Joseph Turner Hutchinson|
|Succeeded by||Alexander Wood Renton|
|Acting Chief Justice of Ceylon|
12 March 1906 – 31 October 1906
|4th Attorney General of Ceylon|
18 June 1902 – 1911
|Preceded by||Charles Layard|
|Succeeded by||Anton Bertram|
Alfred George Lascelles
12 October 1857
Harewood, Yorkshire, England
|Died||9 February 1952 (aged 94)|
Terrington, Yorkshire, England
|Spouse(s)||Isabel Carteret Thynne|
|Alma mater||University College, Oxford|
Sir Alfred George Lascelles KC (12 October 1857 – 9 February 1952) was the 20th Chief Justice of Ceylon. He was appointed on 1 May 1911 succeeding Joseph Turner Hutchinson and was Chief Justice until 1914. He was succeeded by Alexander Wood Renton.
Alfred George Lascelles was the son of Hon. George Edwin Lascelles (a son of the 3rd Earl of Harewood) and his wife Lady Louisa Nina Murray (daughter of the 4th Earl of Mansfield), and was born at Moor Hill, Harewood on 12 October 1857. He graduated from University College, Oxford, with a Bachelor of Arts and was admitted to Inner Temple in 1885 entitled to practice as a barrister.
Lascelles served as Crown Advocate of Cyprus from 1898 until 1902. In May 1902 he was appointed Attorney General of Ceylon, in which he acted as Chief Justice of Ceylon from 12 March to 31 October 1906. He was Chief Justice of Ceylon from 1911 to 1914.
On 26 October 1911 he married Isabel Carteret Thynne. He died at Terrington on 9 February 1952 at age 94. Lascelles had three daughters and a son, his son Wing Commander Francis Alfred George Lascelles DFC died in 1941 serving with the Royal Air Force.
- "Overview". Judicial Service Commission Secretariat. Archived from the original on 19 October 2013. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- "LASCELLES, Sir Alfred (George)". Who Was Who. ukwhoswho.com. A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc. Retrieved 7 January 2013. (subscription or UK public library membership required)
- Amerasinghe, A. Ranjit B. (1986). The Supreme Court of Sri Lanka : the first 185 years. Ratmalana: Sarvodaya Book Pub. Services. ISBN 955599000X.
- "Sir Alfred George Lascelles". thepeerage.com. Retrieved 4 December 2013.
- "Sir Alfred Lascelles". The Yorkshire Post and Leeds Intelligencer. 11 February 1952. p. 6.
- "No. 27436". The London Gazette. 23 May 1902. p. 3379.
- "France Alfred George Lascelles". Commonwealth War Graves Commission. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
Joseph Turner Hutchinson
| Chief Justice of Ceylon
Alexander Wood Renton
| Attorney General of Ceylon