Adams at the 2017 Texas Book Festival
|Occupation||Photo Editor and Author|
|Known for||Co-founder of The Eddie Adams Workshop|
Alyssa Adams is the co-founder and executive director of the Eddie Adams Workshop. She and her husband, photographer Eddie Adams, founded the workshop in 1988. The Eddie Adams Workshop is a four-day-long, free workshop located in Jeffersonville, New York for 100 photography professionals who are chosen based on their previous work and portfolios.
Adams is an author and editor. She wrote the text for a book based on her husband's career, titled Eddie Adams: Vietnam, written in 2008. The book mainly focuses on his photographs from the Vietnam War and the awards and outcomes that followed those photos.
- Eddie Adams: Vietnam. New York City: Umbrage, 2008. Written and edited by Alyssa Adams. ISBN 978-1884167966. A monograph of Eddie Adams' work from Vietnam.
- Adams, Alyssa. "Fostering the Next Generation: The Eddie Adams Workshop at 25 Years". Time. Retrieved 2016-03-03.
- "AI-AP | Pro Photo Daily - Around the Net » Eddie Adams Workshop at 25: Alums Reflect on What They Learned". www.ai-ap.com. Retrieved 2016-03-03.
- "Board of Directors". The Eddie Adams Workshop. Retrieved 2016-01-26.
- "SportsShooter.com: Educate Yourself / Photojournalism". www.sportsshooter.com. Retrieved 2016-02-10.
- Alyssa Adams - Co-Founder of Eddie Adams Workshop - Photo Brigade Podcast #63, The Photo Brigade, 2015-03-09, retrieved 2016-02-11
- Estrin, James. "Barnstorming for 25 Years". The New York Times. Retrieved 2016-03-03.
- "Revamping Bathhouse Studios". Photo District News. Retrieved 2016-02-11.