Amal Jyothi College of Engineering
|Chairman||Bishop Mathew Arackal|
|Director||P. T. Joseph|
|Affiliations||APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, NAAC, NBA|
Amal Jyothi College of Engineering (AJCE) is a professional educational institution in the sphere of technical higher education and research in Kanjirappally, Kerala, India. Amal Jyothi College of Engineering is affiliated to APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University. AJCE is owned and managed by the Syro-Malabar Catholic Diocese of Kanjirappally. The College was established by Bishop Mathew Arackal in 2001 and is the first new generation engineering college in Kerala with the prestigious National Board of Accreditation (NBA) accredited departments .
This section does not cite any sources. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In 2000, the Government of Kerala invited voluntary organisations to come forward and invest in the professional higher education sector. The Diocese of Kanjirappally stepped forwarded and decided to establish the college. The academic activity of the college was inaugurated in October 2001.
The college campus is spread over 60 acres (24 ha) with nearly 1,650,000 square feet (153,000 m2) built up area. The two college hostels accommodate 2500 students and a 500 metres (1,600 ft) skywalk connects the college with the hostels. The campus has its own two 100 kW solar power plant. It powers almost whole of the college. When the college is closed, the power generated is given to the Kerala State Electricity Board.
The colleges is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with 'A' Grade and a 3.02 score. the Electronics and Communication Engineering and the Electrical & Electronics Engineering programmes are accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
Cultural Fests and Other Activities
The cultural fest of the college, Azure takes place in the month of February every year. The college has housed many tournaments such as basketball, chess, badminton etc. Every year, popular conferences take place in the college. The college is registered under one of the IELTS centers in Kerala. It provides both coaching and exam venue to aspiring students to take the IELTS exam.
- "Management". www.ajce.in. Retrieved 29 March 2018.
- "Affiliated Institutes". ktu.edu.in. APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University. Retrieved 30 November 2017.
- "Campus Location". ajce.in. Amal Jyothi College of Engineering. Retrieved 30 November 2017.
- "Profile". ajce.in. Amal Jyothi College of Engineering. Retrieved 30 November 2017.
- "NAAC Certificate". National Assessment and Accreditation Council. 25 May 2016. Retrieved 30 November 2017.
- "College Wise NBA Accredited Programmes" (PDF). APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University. Retrieved 30 November 2017.