American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
|Formation||December 30, 1941|
|Headquarters||Downers Grove, Illinois|
|American Gastroscopic Society|
The American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) is a professional organization of physicians dedicated to improving endoscopy. The ASGE is made up largely of gastroenterologists from the United States. Included in its membership are endoscopists from other medical specialties as well as from other countries. ASGE publishes the medical journal Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
"The core purpose of the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy is to be the leader in advancing and promoting excellence in gastrointestinal endoscopy."
American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy was founded in December 30, 1941. Established as the American Gastroscopic Society, the organization changed its name in 1961 to the "American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy." As of 2017, the budget for ASGE was about $17.8 million.
American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy sponsors grants for research in gastroenterology and endoscopy.
- ASGE will be recognized by its members for helping them to improve their endoscopic practice.
- Regulatory and credentialing agencies will look to ASGE as the source of expertise in the practice of endoscopy.
- ASGE benefits the profession and the public by promoting valuable, ongoing research in endoscopy and its application to disease management and prevention.
- Members will have access to up-to-date, quality education.
- Improve the quality of endoscopy delivered to the public.
- "American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy". ProPublica.
- "About ASGE". American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
- "American Society For Gastrointestinal Endoscopy". Bloomberg.
- Faigel, DO (January 2016). "A brief history of the ASGE". Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. 83 (1): 1. doi:10.1016/j.gie.2015.11.023. PMID 26608130.
- ASGE Research, Committee.; Madhoun, MF; Cote, GA; Ahlawat, SK; Ahmad, NA; Buscaglia, JM; Calderwood, AH; Crockett, S; Early, DS; Gleeson, FC; Gurudu, SR; Imperiale, TF; Liu, JJ; Mosler, P; Pannala, R; Pfau, PR; Romagnuolo, J; Samadder, J; Sethi, A; Shergill, AK; Shin, EJ; Willingham, F; Dominitz, JA (September 2016). "Impact and outcomes of research sponsored by the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy". Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. 84 (3): 385–391.e2. doi:10.1016/j.gie.2016.04.013. PMID 27349928.
- Gerstner, P (1991). "The American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy: a history". Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. 37 (2 Suppl): S1-26. doi:10.1016/s0016-5107(91)70909-7. PMID 2044932.
|This article about a United States health organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|