Anil Kumar Dhasmana
|Director of the Research & Analysis Wing|
31 January 2017 – 29 June 2019
|Preceded by||Rajinder Khanna|
|Succeeded by||Samant Goel|
|Born||2 October 1957|
Pauri, Uttarakhand, India
Anil Kumar Dhasmana was the Chief of the Research and Analysis Wing, India's foreign intelligence service. He was appointed as the Chief of R&AW as the post fell vacant on 31 January 2017 following the retirement of the incumbent.
He was born on 2 October 1957 in Pauri, Uttarakhand and holds an M.Com. degree from Uttar Pradesh. He is 1981-batch Madhya Pradesh cadre IPS officer and was appointed on 3 December 1981. His domain of expertise is considered to be Balochistan, counter-terrorism and Islamic affairs. He also has a vast experience on Pakistan and Afghanistan. He has served in key capitals, including London and Frankfurt and has also handled SAARC and Europe desks. Before being appointed as the Director, he was posted from 13 March 2015 as a Special Secretary at Cabinet Secretariat, New Delhi.
- "IPS officers to hold ADG posts at the Centre" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs, GOI. Archived (PDF) from the original on 1 July 2015. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 22 December 2016. Retrieved 18 December 2016.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "RAW likely new Chief is expert on Balochistan affairs". The Times of Islamabad. Archived from the original on 20 December 2016. Retrieved 6 December 2016.
- "Countdown begins for spy chief posts". The Telegraph. Archived from the original on 5 December 2016. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- "IPS : Query Result(s)". dtf.in. Archived from the original on 9 March 2016. Retrieved 18 December 2016.
- "IPS gradation list" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 22 December 2016.
- "Balochistan expert likely to be the next RAW chief". Pune Mirror. Archived from the original on 9 December 2016. Retrieved 8 December 2016.
- "Baloch specialist to Helm RAW". Indian Express. Archived from the original on 8 December 2016. Retrieved 3 December 2016.
| Director of R&AW
31 January 2017 – present