|Parliamentary Secretary for Status of Women|
December 2, 2015 – January 27, 2017
|Preceded by||Susan Truppe|
|Succeeded by||Terry Duguid|
|Member of the Canadian Parliament|
|Assumed office |
October 19, 2015
|Preceded by||district created|
|Born||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Alma mater||Concordia University|
Université de Montréal
Anju Dhillon MP is a Canadian Liberal politician, who was elected to represent the riding of Dorval—Lachine—LaSalle in the House of Commons of Canada in the 2015 federal election. She is the first person of South Asian descent to be elected from the province of Quebec.
Dhillon was born and raised in Montreal, and began volunteering for Paul Martin's campaigns at age 13. For ten years she was vice-president (female) for youth of the federal liberal riding association in LaSalle-Émard, and was subsequently its vice-president (female). Dhillon attended Concordia University, earning a Bachelor of Arts in political science, and then studied law at Université de Montréal, later becoming the first Canadian Sikh to practice law in Quebec.
|2015 Canadian federal election: Dorval—Lachine—LaSalle|
|New Democratic||Isabelle Morin||11,769||21.6||−19.52||–|
|Bloc Québécois||Jean-Frédéric Vaudry||5,338||9.8||−1.74||–|
|Green||Vincent J. Carbonneau||1,245||2.3||-0.7||–|
|Total valid votes/Expense limit||54,605||100.0||$224,217.31|
|Total rejected ballots||593||–||–|
|Source: Elections Canada|
- "19 Indian-Canadians elected to Canadian parliament". The Economic Times. 20 October 2015. Retrieved 20 October 2015.
- Ikhhlaq Singh Aujla, Anju Dhillon makes history in Quebec, The Times of India, October 21, 2015.
- Meet Anju Dhillon, Liberal.ca.
- "The Quebec South Asian star: Liberals' Anju Dhillon – first Canadian Sikh to practice law in Quebec courts". Archived from the original on 2015-10-21. Retrieved 2015-10-30.
- Elections Canada – Confirmed candidates for Dorval—Lachine—LaSalle, 30 September 2015
- Elections Canada – Preliminary Election Expenses Limits for Candidates Archived 2015-08-15 at the Wayback Machine