Antonio de Luca (artist)
This article has an unclear citation style.January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)(
Antonio de Luca
Antonio Enrico de Luca
August 24, 1975
|Known for||Creative direction, Art Direction, Editorial Design, Long-form journalism|
|Self Publish, Be Happy, Five Dials, The Walrus magazine|
|Movement||Default, Minimalism, Moderism|
|Awards||Art Directors Club, Society of Publication Design, Society of News Design, TIME magazine, The Guardian, Photo-eye, American Illustration & American Photography, Communication Arts, Advertising & Design Club of Canada, The Canadian National Magazine Awards.|
Antonio de Luca (born August 24, 1975) is a Canadian creative director and photobook designer based in New York. He is an assistant editor at the New York Times and works with artists, curators and editors to realise projects in print and digital long-form journalism.
In 2010 de Luca partnered with Bruno Ceschel's organisation Self Publish, Be Happy as art director to design, promote and publish self-published photobooks. In 2013 he became the art director and designer of Five Dials a digital literary magazine published from London by Hamish Hamilton.
As art director for Self Publish, Be Happy de Luca was awarded Best Photography Books of 2012 by The Guardian, The Best Books of 2012 by Photo-Eye and Time's Best of 2012: The Photobooks We Loved. He has also curated Follow Me for Either/And commissioned by The National Media Museum London, on humankind's desire to follow.
De Luca is the founder and curator of an international illustration exhibition called The 100 $HOW™.
- Self Publish Be Naughty. London: Self Publish, Be Happy, 2011.
- American Photography 27. 2012. ISBN 978-1-886212-36-7.
- Geneva Test by Adrien Guillet. 2012. ISBN 978-2-9700713-6-5.
- SPBH Vol I by Adam Broomberg & Oliver Chanarin. London: Self Publish, Be Happy, 2012.
- SPBH Vol. II by Brad Feuerhelm. London: Self Publish, Be Happy, 2012.
- SPBH Vol. III by Cristina De Middel. London: Self Publish, Be Happy, 2013.
- Occupy São Paulo by Carlos Cazalis. ISBN 978-3-86828-400-3, 2013.
- SPBH Vol. IV by Mariah Robertson. London: Self Publish, Be Happy, 2013.
- Fire in Cairo by Matthew Connors. SPBH Editions, London, 2015.
- Self Publish, Be Happy
- Five Dials
- O'Hagan, Sean (1 December 2012). "Best photography books of 2012". London: The Guardian. Retrieved 18 April 2016.
- Photo-Eye, Photo-Eye - The Best Books of 2012. SPBH Vol. I by Adam Broomberg and Oliver Chanarin & Vol. II by Brad Feuerhelm.
- , TIME's Best of 2012: The Photobooks We Loved by Adam Broomberg and Oliver Chanarin.
-  Either/And for The National Media Museum London
- Peggy Roalf, The 100 $HOW Comes to Portland, American Illustration and American Photography, 2 February 2012. Accessed 10 December 2017.