Aquae Albae in Byzacena
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Aquae Albae in Byzacena was an Ancient city and bishopric in Roman Africa and remains a Latin Catholic titular see.
Its present location is Ain-Beida, in modern Tunisia (which has namesakes, notably in Algeria and Morocco).
The diocese was nominally restored in 1933 as a Latin Catholic titular bishopric.
It has had the following incumbents, all of the lowest (episcopal) rank :
- Aimable Chassaigne (1962.01.23 – 1962.04.06)
- Paul Chevrier (1962.08.21 – 1968.10.04)
- Ramón Ovidio Pérez Morales (1970.12.02 – 1980.05.20) (later Archbishop)
- Anthony Joseph Bevilacqua (1980.10.04 – 1983.10.10) as Auxiliary Bishop of Brooklyn (NYC, USA) (1980.02.11 – 1983.10.10); later Bishop of Pittsburgh (USA) (1983.10.10 – 1988.02.11), Metropolitan Archbishop of Philadelphia (USA) (1988.02.11 – 2003.07.15), created Cardinal-Priest of SS. Redentore e S. Alfonso in Via Merulana (1991.06.28 – 2012.01.31)
- Piotr Krupa (1984.02.18 – ...), Auxiliary Bishop emeritus of Pelplin (Poland)