|Argentine Embassy, Kuala Lumpur||Malaysian Embassy, Buenos Aires|
|Ambassador Manuel Jose Balaguer Salas||Ambassador Mohd Khalid Abbasi Abdul Razak|
Argentina–Malaysia relations (Spanish: Relaciones Argentina-Malasia; Malay: Hubungan Argentina–Malaysia; Jawi: هوبوڠن الأرجنتين–مليسيا) refers to bilateral foreign relations between the two countries, Argentina and Malaysia. Argentina has an embassy in Kuala Lumpur, and Malaysia has an embassy in Buenos Aires.
Argentina established diplomatic relations with Malaysia on 7 June 1967, four years after the formation of the Federation of Malaysia and the first Argentine embassy was opened in Kuala Lumpur in August 1983. While, Malaysia opened its embassy in Buenos Aires in 1989.
Malaysia is the 33rd main market and the 8th main Asian customer for Argentina after China, Japan, India, South Korea, Thailand, United Arab Emirates and Israel. In 2002, Argentine exports to Malaysia worth around $218 million and Malaysian exports total around $43 million. The main Argentine products exported to Malaysia are mostly agricultural and industrial products while Malaysian exports to Argentina in the classification of capital and intermediate goods. An agreement on the exemption of taxes on ships and aircraft operating in the international traffic has been signed between the two countries and takes into effect in 1997.
- (in Spanish) Guia De Negocios De Malasia Argentina Trade Net
- "Embajada de la Republica Argentina (Malasia)" (in Spanish). Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores y Culto. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- "Official Website of Embassy of Malaysia, Buenos Aires". Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- "Argentina – Malasia: Reunión Bilateral De Vicecancilleres" (in Spanish). Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores y Culto. 23 August 2011. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- "El comercio de la Argentina con Malasia" (PDF). Centro de Economia Internacional (in Spanish). Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores y Culto. August 2004. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- "Agreement Between the Government of Malaysia and the Government of the Argentine Republic For Reciprocal Exemption With Respect to Taxes on Income From the Operation of Ships and Aircraft in International Traffic" (PDF). Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia. 1 January 1994. Retrieved 12 May 2014.