|Developer(s)||Fuzzy Wuzzy Games|
|Publisher(s)||Fuzzy Wuzzy Games|
|Platform(s)||Wii U, Microsoft Windows|
|Genre(s)||Action, platform, puzzle|
Armillo is an action platform game in which the playable character, an armadillo named Armillo, rolls around a 3D space. He can perform three primary actions: roll, jump, and boost. The game is designed around the concept of an obstacle course, so the player is constantly being presented to various new puzzles, mechanics, and challenges.
Gameplay has been likened to other games such as the Sonic the Hedgehog series, Super Mario Galaxy, and the Super Monkey Ball series. Players primarily progress through levels by rolling Armillo and have the option to utilize the tilt controls of the Wii U's GamePad to do so. Armillo is aided in his quest through special abilities and power-ups such as a size boost and the Critter gun which fires the non-playable Critters at Armillo's enemies.
While the majority of the game takes place in a 3D world, there are unlockable 2D bonus stages in every single non-boss level. Purchasable upgrades, obtained using blue orbs collected in levels, also enable optional backtracking of previously completed levels.
Armillo was developed by Fuzzy Wuzzy Games for the Wii U and is distributed on the Nintendo eShop. The game will be a timed exclusive on the platform, as it is scheduled to be released on other platforms in the future. The decision was made in honor of Nintendo's recent support for independent developers.
|Nintendo World Report||8/10|
- Cassidy, Kevin (March 7, 2014). "Armillo delayed to May 12th". GoNintendo. Archived from the original on March 8, 2014. Retrieved June 13, 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Armillo on Steam". store.steampowered.com. Retrieved 2020-08-22.
- Carter, Chris. "Review: Armillo (Wii U) - Rock and rolling". Destructoid. Retrieved 17 July 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Gill, Sam. "Armillo review: a good example of Nintendo's growing presence in the indie game market". The Independent. Retrieved 17 July 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Brown, Aaron. "Armillo Review". Nintendo World Report. Retrieved 17 July 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- van Duyn, Marcel. "Armillo (Wii U) Review". Nintendo Life. Retrieved 17 July 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- knightSquared (January 21, 2013). "Armillo is coming to the Wii U eShop!". Fuzzy Wuzzy Games. Retrieved January 21, 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Whitehead, Thomas (August 29, 2013). "Armillo Targets Q1 2014 Release on the Wii U eShop and Will be a Timed Exclusive". Nintendo Life. Retrieved August 29, 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Armillo for Wii U". GameRankings. Retrieved 18 July 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Armillo for Wii U Review". Metacritic. Retrieved 21 July 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)