Asia Pacific Masters Games
The Asia Pacific Masters Games is a regional multi-sport event which involves participants from the Asia-Pacific region. Governed by the International Masters Games Association (IMGA), the Asia Pacific Masters Games is open to participants of all abilities and most ages – the minimum age criterion ranges between 25 and 35 years depending on the sport. Participants compete for themselves, instead of their countries. There are no competition qualification requirements apart from the age requirement and membership in that sport's governing body.
A bidding process was held in Nice, France in 2015 to select the host cities for the first two editions of the Asia Pacific Masters Games. The Malaysian state of Penang was selected to host the inaugural edition in September 2018.
|1||2018||Penang||Malaysia||21||Beyond the Games|||
The inaugural edition of the Asia-Pacific Masters Games in 2018 will include 22 sports.
- Asia Masters Athletics Championships
- European Masters Games
- World Masters Games
- Americas Masters Games
- "SPORT LIST". APMG 2018. Retrieved 2018-05-05.
- "Penang to host region's first ever World Masters Games". Free Malaysia Today. 2016-12-01. Retrieved 2018-05-05.
- "myPenang". mypenang.gov.my. Archived from the original on 2018-09-15. Retrieved 2018-05-05.
- "Penang will host 2018 first Asia Pacific Masters Games | Malay Mail". www.malaymail.com. Retrieved 2018-05-05.
- "HOME". APMG 2018. Retrieved 2018-05-05.
- "SPORT LIST". APMG 2018. Retrieved 2018-05-06.