Astro Boy (2004 video game)
North American cover art
Astro Boy (アストロボーイ・鉄腕アトム Asutoro Bōi: Tetsuwan Atomu, "Astro Boy: Mighty Atom") is a video game based on the 2003 anime television series, produced by Sonic Team. The story deviates from the positive 2003 series with several plot twists like the lack of important characters like Skunk and the lack of backgrounds for characters like Atlas who just appears as a robot bent into destroying all humans and as well changes in several characters personalities like Shadow who just wants to destroy all humans.
|Astro Boy Game Reviews|
The game received mixed reviews. Game Informer's Matt Helgeson gave it a 5.5/10, opining that "The amount of time you have to spend tweaking your viewpoint with the shoulder buttons is ridiculous, an unwanted flashback to early 3D platformers like Gex and Spyro the Dragon." In a second opinion, Matt Miller rated it 6.75/10, praising "incredible special effects and a smorgasbord of boss battles", but stating that it is "unlikely to entrance for more than a weekend".
- "Astro Boy Critic Reviews for PlayStation 2". Metacritic. Retrieved 2014-01-22.
- Barnholt, Ray (2004-08-17). "Astro Boy". 1UP.com. Retrieved 2014-01-22.
- EGM staff (October 2004). "Astro Boy". Electronic Gaming Monthly (183): 107.
- "アストロボーイ・鉄腕アトム". Famitsu. 797. March 26, 2004.
- Helgeson, Matt (September 2004). "Astro Boy". Game Informer (137): 110. Archived from the original on November 22, 2007. Retrieved 2008-07-28.
- The Man in Black (2004-08-24). "Astro Boy Review for PlayStation 2 on GamePro.com". GamePro. Archived from the original on 2005-02-09. Retrieved 2014-01-22.
- Wolpaw, Erik (2004-08-24). "Astro Boy Review". GameSpot. Retrieved 2014-01-22.
- Theobald, Phil (2004-08-22). "Astro Boy (PS2)". GameSpy. Archived from the original on 2005-02-05. Retrieved 2014-01-22.
- Bedigian, Louis (2004-08-25). "Astro Boy - PS2 - Review". GameZone. Archived from the original on 20 July 2008. Retrieved 2014-01-22.
- IGN Staff (2004-08-26). "Astro Boy". IGN. Retrieved 2014-01-22.
- "Astro Boy". Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine (85): 96. October 2004.
- Hill, Jason (2005-02-17). "Terrific compilation". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 2014-01-22.