Astro Boy (2004 video game)
North American cover art
Astro Boy (アストロボーイ・鉄腕アトム Asutoro Bōi: Tetsuwan Atomu, "Astro Boy: Mighty Atom") is a video game based on the 2003 anime television series, produced by Sonic Team. The story deviates from the 2003 series with several noticeable changes such as the absence of important characters like Skunk and the lack of story background for characters. For instance, Atlas is presented as a robot bent into destroying humankind, though his motivation is not explained.
|Astro Boy Game Reviews|
The game received mixed reviews. Game Informer's Matt Helgeson gave it a 5.5/10, commenting that "The amount of time you have to spend tweaking your viewpoint with the shoulder buttons is ridiculous, an unwanted flashback to early 3D platformers like Gex and Spyro the Dragon." In a second opinion, Matt Miller rated it 6.75/10, praising "incredible special effects and a smorgasbord of boss battles", but stating that it is "unlikely to entrance for more than a weekend".
- "Astro Boy Critic Reviews for PlayStation 2". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved January 22, 2014.
- Barnholt, Ray (August 17, 2004). "Astro Boy". 1UP.com. Ziff Davis. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved January 22, 2014.
- EGM staff (October 2004). "Astro Boy". Electronic Gaming Monthly. No. 183. Ziff Davis. p. 107.
- "アストロボーイ・鉄腕アトム". Famitsu (in Japanese). Vol. 797. Enterbrain. March 26, 2004.
- Helgeson, Matt (September 2004). "Astro Boy". Game Informer. No. 137. GameStop. p. 110. Archived from the original on November 22, 2007. Retrieved July 28, 2008.
- The Man in Black (August 24, 2004). "Astro Boy Review for PlayStation 2 on GamePro.com". GamePro. IDG Entertainment. Archived from the original on February 9, 2005. Retrieved January 22, 2014.
- Wolpaw, Erik (August 24, 2004). "Astro Boy Review". GameSpot. CBS Interactive. Retrieved January 22, 2014.
- Theobald, Phil (August 22, 2004). "Astro Boy (PS2)". GameSpy. Ziff Davis. Archived from the original on February 5, 2005. Retrieved January 22, 2014.
- Bedigian, Louis (August 25, 2004). "Astro Boy - PS2 - Review". GameZone. Archived from the original on July 20, 2008. Retrieved January 22, 2014.
- IGN staff (August 26, 2004). "Astro Boy". IGN. Ziff Davis. Retrieved January 22, 2014.
- "Astro Boy". Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine. No. 85. Ziff Davis. October 2004. p. 96.
- Hill, Jason (February 17, 2005). "Terrific compilation". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved January 22, 2014.