August 2018 Kabul suicide bombing
|August 2018 Kabul suicide bombing|
|Date||15 August 2018|
|Target||Education center, Shia community|
|Perpetrators||Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant – Khorasan Province|
A suicide bombing occurred on Wednesday 15 August 2018 in a Shia-populated area of Kabul. Afghanistan's Ministry of Public Health reported that 48 people including 34 students were killed and 67 were injured. The responsibility was claimed by ISIS.
The attack took place at the building where high school graduates were preparing to sit university entrance exams in the Dashte Barchi area located in west side of Kabul. On Wednesday afternoon of 15 August 2018, a stranger entered high school and ran away toward upper floors and finally he committed a suicide bombing. According to Afghanistan's health ministry, 34 students in 20 years old were killed and 67  were wounded.
The responsibility for the suicide bombing has been attributed to ISIS forces. Also, the bomber who carried out the attack in Shia area in Kabul was known as "martyrdom-seeking brother Abdul Raouf al-Khorasani".
Zabihullah Mujahid, the Taliban spokesman, disclaimed any involvement by the group in the Kabul attack. He added such as these suicides was done by ISIS in the Shia region and ethnic Hazara area of Kabul at mosques and shrines and other places.
- March 2018 Kabul suicide bombing
- 2018 Kabul ambulance bombing
- February 2016 Kabul bombing
- List of terrorist incidents in March 2018
- staff and agencies. "Isis claims responsibility for Afghanistan suicide bombing that killed 34 students". independent.
- Staff, Writer. "Dozens killed as bomber hits college students in Afghan capital". cbsnews. Retrieved 15 August 2018.
- "Afghanistan: ISIL Suicide bomber targets school in Kabul". Al Jazeera. 16 August 2018.
- Constable, Pamela; Hassan, Sharif. "'It was a horror scene': Scores of Afghan students killed in Kabul suicide bombing aimed at minority Shiites". washingtonpost. Retrieved 15 August 2018.
- Constable, Pamela. "Bombing of student center in Kabul highlights threat to minority Shiite youth". washingtonpost. Retrieved 16 August 2018.
- "Kabul suicide bomber kills 48 in tuition centre attack". BBC News. 15 August 2018. Retrieved 11 October 2018.
|This terrorism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|